• The candidate will be required to handle his/her own workload whilst working with colleagues in the Immigration team as and when required. As such the role is looking for candidates who seek responsibility, are team players and have a positive, proactive attitude.
• Providing advice on Americas immigration strategy and other Americas immigration matters.
• Preparing applications for employees and clients for the Americas region.
• Liaising with external counsel on strategy and the preparation of applications.
• Assisting with responding to requests for evidence or immigration appeals.
• Tracking visa milestones and managing the visa petition timeline.
• Liaise with the business to provide commercial, pragmatic and salient advice and guidance on business opportunities can be followed at all times.
• Coordinating with Endeavor offices internationally regarding visa requirements for employees and clients.
• Working closely with the global mobility team on employee moves worldwide.
• Advising the businesses on right to work requirements and prevention of illegal working for the Americas region, including I-9 compliance.
• Managing legal audit tasks, including the maintenance of documentation for inspection.
• Developing, implementing and conducting training on immigration policies and programs to the businesses.
• Conducting legal research.
• Other legal group administrative tasks, including: maintaining schedules and databases and providing ad hoc administrative support to the lawyers.
Mandatory for Associate Counsel role:
• US qualified lawyer who has worked in a commercial environment.
• Strong knowledge of US immigration law and work authorization issues.
• Training and qualification with a well-reputed immigration law firm.
• Previous experience of media and entertainment immigration matters preferable.
• Previous experience of global immigration matters preferable.
• Meticulous attention to detail.
• Ability to prioritize a varied and heavy workload with the ability to plan ahead.
• Able to work to deadlines with efficiency and accuracy.
• Able to communicate clearly and concisely with clients of all levels both internally and externally.
• Ability to take responsibility and show initiative.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; must be able to interact with a range of personalities and styles in a fast-paced environment and explain complex concepts to clients and colleagues without legal knowledge and with limited time and patience.
• Outstanding negotiation, drafting, analytical, and organizational skills.
• Ability to manage coordinators and paralegals.
• A proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
The role will require the relevant person to:
• Be team-orientated and focused.
• Positive and pro-active attitude.
• Develop rapport with immediate and wider colleagues.
• Be disciplined, hard-working and committed.
• Exercise judgement and common sense.
• Have the ability to take ownership and responsibility for projects.
• Be flexible, with a willingness to work outside normal office hours when required, due to the international nature of the industry.
• Have absolute confidentiality and discretion at all times.
Endeavor is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.