Beverly Hills, CA
Endeavor Content specializes in financing, sales and advisory services for scripted television, documentaries, and feature films. Its primary goal is to empower artists and content creators by providing them with more ownership and creative freedom as they navigate the media landscape. Endeavor Content is a division of Endeavor (formerly WME | IMG), a global leader in sports, entertainment and fashion operating in more than 30 countries.
The Accounting Manager will be required to collaboratively work within the accounting team and assist with the day-to-day accounting and financial reporting for Endeavor Content. You will also take ownership of some of the financial-led accounting efforts, including ensuring the technical accounting information is properly translated into the financial reporting and the organization is compliant with internal controls. It is a role where you will enjoy visibility and have the opportunity to influence at high levels.
• Manage day to day accounting activities as well as month-end close processes to provide timely and accurate financial statements
• Preparation and/or review of journal entries and related reconciliations
• Liaise with Operations and Finance to ensure completeness and accuracy of information
• Assistance with financial reporting and variance analysis
• Research US GAAP and applicable SEC rules and regulations, including: consolidation, revenue recognition, film/production accounting, equity method investments, other assets and deferred costs, and others as they arise
• Document accounting conclusions in formal memos
• Collaborate with accounting and finance personnel, as well as internal and external auditors, to identify, assess, and conclude on complex accounting matters
• Complete intangible and goodwill impairment testing
• Recognize efficiencies by driving process improvements and system enhancements
• Act as a liaison with internal and external audit teams
• Maintain integrity of, and compliance with, internal controls
• Participate in completion of special projects as assigned
• Bachelor's in Accounting
• Certified Public Accountant (CPA) certification required
• 6+ years of progressive accounting or finance experience, including public accounting experience with technical accounting research responsibilities
• Strong knowledge of US GAAP accounting standards and ability to assess, analyze and thoroughly document accounting positions
• Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel, including the ability to manipulate spreadsheets, create pivot tables and summarize data from multiple sources
• Experience working for a publicly traded company and with Entertainment/Content accounting is preferred
• Experience in implementing and carrying out Sarbanes-Oxley requirements is preferred
• Demonstrable experience in project management, timeline development and achievement
• Must have excellent organization and communication skills
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Experience with Microsoft Navision, SAP or other ERP systems preferred
Endeavor is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gwzq2g-54-80-249-22-42 in your application.
Endeavor is a global entertainment, sports and content company, home to the world’s most dynamic and engaging storytellers, brands, live events and experiences. The company is comprised of industry leaders including entertainment agency William Morris Endeavor (WME); sports, fashion, events and media company IMG; and premier mixed martial arts organization UFC. The Endeavor network specializes in talent representation; marketing and licensing; content development, distribution and sales; event management; and a number of direct-to-consumer offerings.