Sr. Finance Analyst - Reporting & Accounting
Beverly Hills, CA
Role: Director, Financial Reporting & Accounting
Reports to: VP, Controller, Endeavor Content
Location: Beverly Hills, CA
Company Description: Endeavor Content is a leader in the development, financing and sales of premium film, television, theater, audio, and live content. Endeavor Content seeks to facilitate more ownership and creative freedom for artists, creators and production companies in the ever-changing media landscape. Endeavor Content is a studio that has evolved to meet today's changing business needs and is committed to advocating diversity and equality within our industry.
Endeavor Content has been behind over 100 projects annually that have garnered numerous awards and commercial success. Endeavor Content's recent projects include films ''The Lost Daughter'' and ''Just Mercy''; television series ''See'', ''Killing Eve'' and ''Nine Perfect Strangers''; Rihanna's ''Savage x Fenty Fashion Show'' special; and live event ''Rocketman Live.''
Endeavor Content (EC) is a division of Endeavor, a global entertainment, sports and content company.
EC is looking for a Director Financial Reporting & Accounting to join its Finance team reporting to the VP, Controller. The position will lead the day-to-day financial reporting and accounting activities for EC's worldwide business lines and build out the team to maximize productivity.
• Lead financial close process, including preparation of financial statements and management reporting metrics and analysis. Manage daily accounting activities with primary oversight of month-end and quarterly close processes to ensure timely and accurate reporting including review of journal entries, account reconciliations, and explanation of variances.
• Supervise accounting team and help prioritize deliverables in the face of competing priorities to ensure balanced workload and deadlines are met
• Recognize efficiencies by automating manual processes and implementing system enhancements. Evaluate effectiveness of accounting software and supporting systems where needed.
• Partner with Finance team to monitor and reconcile by title actual results against forecast/plan to ensure accurate reporting. Research anomalies to determine appropriate disposition.
• Continuously evaluate policies and practices to ensure compliance and implement change to drive towards improved future state
• Research US GAAP rules including consolidation, revenue recognition, film/production accounting, equity method investments, other assets and deferred costs and documentation of accounting conclusions. Conduct technical accounting research and prepare memorandums supporting company's positions.
• Liaison with Finance & Accounting teams and internal and external auditors to ensure controls compliance and that stated policies and procedures are adhered to. Develop strategic relationships to facilitate timely deliverables and ensure expectations are met.
• Coordinate initiatives across Accounting, Tax, Production and Finance groups, researching solutions and communicating findings
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting with CPA certification and public accounting background
• 10+ years of progressive accounting/finance required in the Entertainment industry, including a comprehensive understanding of ASC 606. Production finance/accounting background strongly preferred.
• Experience in implementing and carrying out Sarbanes-Oxley requirements
• Outstanding written and verbal communication skills and high level of comfort working with all levels of management
• Strong technical accounting background
• Demonstrated experience and success in streamlining and automating processes
• Ability to communicate complex information clearly and concisely
• Ability to lead projects independently from start to finish, working with internal and external teams to make decisions and maintain momentum
• Self-motivated individual with the ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities
• Attention to detail and results oriented
• Working knowledge of SAP general ledger (ECC) and budgeting/planning (BPC) systems preferred
Endeavor is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
Endeavor is a global entertainment, sports and content company, home to the world’s most dynamic and engaging storytellers, brands, live events and experiences. The company is comprised of industry leaders including entertainment agency William Morris Endeavor (WME); sports, fashion, events and media company IMG; and premier mixed martial arts organization UFC. The Endeavor network specializes in talent representation; marketing and licensing; content development, distribution and sales; event management; and a number of direct-to-consumer offerings.