Client Software Engineer - Star Wars Mobile
Redwood City, CA
At Maxis, we excel at outrageous thinking. It's the fuel that inspires the best games in the world. We're trailblazers and great storytellers. But it's not just about amazing your peers – it's about amazing yourself and our fans. Take risks. Work with dazzling minds and dare to dream big. Together, we can change the way millions play every day. The Sims 4 has an extremely unique player base, with 60% of our audience being women between the ages of 18-24. We are looking for someone with deep insights on how to create the best experience for our players.
Maxis is looking for an experienced engineer that can help us bring the next wave of simulation features to life. This engineer will work with an experienced team that has collectively built almost all Maxis games in the past two decades. You will work with multiple designers and simulation engineers prototyping and shipping multiple features that expand the gameplay possibilities of Sims games. Most of the work will be done in Unreal Engine, both in C++ and blueprints.
You will report to a Development Director. As a Simulation Engineer for a game at Maxis, you will
• Work with designers, producers, artists, and other core and backend engineers to build a framework that brings designs to life.
• Implement a data-driven simulation system to author player facing behaviors in C++.
• Demonstrate excellent technical problem-solving skills under iteratively changing requirements during game development.
• Build creative aspects of 'real life' within a simulation game (e.g. socialization, careers, weather, or unique characters).
• Author technical design documents detailing software requirements.
• Build unique content for a game that supports a large demographic of simulation player patterns.
Please note that you do not need to qualify for all requirements to be considered. We encourage you to apply if you can meet most of the requirements and are comfortable opening a dialog to be considered.
• Bachelor/Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field.
• 5+ years experience in a hands-on development role.
• Demonstrate technical abilities with large projects implemented in C++.
• Experience building and shipping AAA games in Unreal engine.
• Previous engineering experience overseeing major systems in code bases.
• Experience and willingness to create multiple short-lived prototypes.
• Experience developing for large-scale live products. Products that always update to provide higher quality, and feature set to expand the possibilities in the game.
• Experience building features and tools for games (or applications) that support a collaborative User Generated Content community.
• Experience working in collaborative environments with versatile roles beyond engineering like design, production, art and product management.
• Experience optimizing performance and memory of real time applications (like games).
• Experience with Windows platform and development tools.
• Experience developing for both PC and Mobile platform games.
• Demonstrate experience working in large data-driven games or applications.
• Experience leading engineers in different projects.
• Experience with Machine Learning techniques applied in the games domain.
• Experience with shipping games built in Unity engine.
• Experience using static and performance analysis tools, automated testing, unit testing, and configuration management processes.
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.