Client Software Engineer - Star Wars Mobile
Redwood City, CA
At Maxis, we excel at outrageous thinking. It's the fuel that inspires the best games in the world. We're trailblazers and great storytellers. But it's not just about amazing your peers – it's about amazing yourself and our fans. Take risks. Work with dazzling minds and dare to dream big. Together, we can change the way millions play every day. The Sims 4 has an extremely unique player base, with 60% of our audience being women between the ages of 18-24. We are looking for someone with deep insights on how to create the best experience for our players.
What You Will Do
Reporting to a Development Director as a UX Engineer, you will work on UI and UX within the game. The work will range from rapid prototyping to production development. Most of the work will be done in Unreal Engine, both in C++ and Blueprints. Some prototypes and features may be done with different tools and frameworks.
• Work with designers, producers, artists, and other engineers to contribute to a shared vision for compelling UI/UX features.
• Write quality code following the project coding standard and established engineering practices.
• Develop new UI/UX prototypes and refine existing ones.
• Design production level UI/UX subsystems.
• Write software requirements and technical specifications.
• Provide time estimates for tasks.
• Implement production level game UI/UX subsystems.
• Improve code to reach the desired performance.
• Document components.
• Learn new technologies needed to complete the tasks and grow as an engineer.
• Perform as subject expert.
Please note that you do not need to qualify for all requirements to be considered. We encourage you to apply if you can meet most of the requirements and are comfortable opening a dialog to be considered.
• 3 + years of programming experience.
• Working knowledge of C++.
• Understand principles of game design.
• Understanding of core principles of UI/UX, best practices and accessibility.
• Desktop (PC/Mac) development experience required.
• Experience developing usable consumer-oriented UI.
• Prototype UI systems.
• Document specifications..
• Experience with Unreal Engine
• Experience with mobile platforms suggested.
• Experience building UI systems for multi-platform games, apps..
• Experience with multiple UI frameworks.
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.