Client Software Engineer - Star Wars Mobile
Redwood City, CA
At Maxis, we excel at outrageous thinking. It's the fuel that inspires the best games in the world. We're trailblazers and great storytellers. But it's not just about amazing your peers – it's about amazing yourself and our fans. Take risks. Work with dazzling minds and dare to dream big. Together, we can change the way millions play every day. The Sims 4 has an extremely unique player base, with 60% of our audience being women between the ages of 18-24. We are looking for someone with deep insights on how to create the best experience for our players.
What You Will Do
Reporting to a development Manager, as a Client Software Engineer on The Sims, you will work on our client systems within the game. The work will range from rapid prototyping to production development. Most of the work will be done in C++.
• Implement client features and systems in C++.
• Extend existing client systems and create new ones.
• Work with designers, producers, content creators and others
• Develop game features.
• Write technical design documents detailing software requirements.
• Write cross-platform code with performance and memory usage in mind.
• Debug code to document and fix bugs.
• Solve technical problems to support active live service.
Please note that you do not need to qualify for all requirements to be considered. We encourage you to apply if you can meet most of the requirements and are comfortable opening a dialog to be considered.
• Bachelor/Master's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related field.
• 5 or more years experience in a hands-on development role.
• Working knowledge of modern C++.
• Experience implementing complex game subsystems.
• Experience with graphics libraries (DirectX/OpenGL/Metal) suggested.
• An understanding of geometry, linear algebra, calculus, and physics as they pertain to transformations and motions in 3D space.
• Desktop development experience.
• Experience with Windows platform and development tools (e.g. Visual Studio or other programming IDEs).
• Skills debugging complex applications.
• Experience optimizing existing game code to be more performant.
• You can cater your messaging based on audience and across departments.
• Mac development experience.
• Xbox One/PS4 development experience.
• Knowledge of Python, C#, or familiarity with WPF.
• Demonstrate experience working in large data-driven games or applications.
• Experience developing for large-scale live products.
• Experience using static and performance analysis tools, automated testing, unit testing, and configuration management processes.
• Familiarity with The Sims games on PC/Mac/consoles.
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.