Los Angeles, CA
Position Available: Post Production Accountant
Electric Entertainment, a full-service film, television, post-production and sales company, is seeking an experienced Post Production Accountant to administer all aspects of post accounting for its television series, “Leverage: Redemption,” as well as assist with tax rebate documentation and complete the wrap-out of production. This is a full-time, project-based position with the possibility of growing into a permanent role, based on company needs.
· Prepare start paperwork for new employees
· Process union and non-union payroll for post-production staff, including accurate general ledger coding, correct classification of workers compensation, and calculation of employee pay
· Prepare weekly payroll journal entries as well as monthly and quarterly cost allocation journal entries
· Manage the full cycle accounts payable, including invoicing, payment via check and ACH, general ledger coding, A/P vendor setup, and year-end vendor 1099 reporting
· Process monthly bank reconciliations
· Provide support for Louisiana state tax incentive rebate
· Assist accounting department with wrap-out of production accounting
· 3 years of television series accounting experience
· Strong knowledge of union contracts pertaining to post-production (including overtime rules)
· Experience with the full cycle of accounts payable
· Strong problem-solving skills, including investigating and resolving open issues with accounts payable and payroll
· Proficient in use of Cast & Crew PSL and Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, Word)
· Experience with production accounting -- including budgeting, cash flows, cost tracking – and monthly reconciliation to the corporate ledger a plus
· Comfortable communicating with business affairs, finance and production team, including providing production planning scenarios and analysis
Qualified candidates must submit a cover letter and resume to be considered. Please be ready to provide references upon request. All applications will be kept confidential. Electric Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. At the present time, Electric’s staff is working remotely, but the position requires the ability to work in-person in Los Angeles.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g4ye01-3-235-223-5-42 in your application.