Sorry! Looks like this position has been filled by the employer and the listing was closed on 07/31/2021
VFX Editor (all levels/all contracts)
Dupe are looking for VFX Editors who are responsible for leading editorial tasks for big and small sequences in exciting films and episodic shows, working as an integral part of our awesome team. We would need you to be working full time, in-house at our brand new Hackney studio, opening this August.
Ideally we are looking for people who will hit the ground running, but the industry is“White Hot” despite a year of lockdowns, so we would also welcome juniors who have some experience in the following areas:
- Processing turnover information and revised edits
- Maintaining all cuts, keeping them updated with the latest versions from artists
- Providing witness cam, line up, retime, resize, audio and other references to artists
- Managing Avid media and storage
- Maintaining shot and VFX databases
- Having an understanding of all editorial tools
- Managing client deliveries
- Making and requesting selects for additional media requests e.g. element shoots
- Liaising with cutting rooms (if relevant)
- Preparing for and driving dailies sessions and client reviews (remotely and in-house)
- Moving in step with production, pipeline, artists/supervisors and other departments to provide guidance, reference and information to confidently support a balanced working environment - and offering solutions to challenges
- Cutting in house reels
- Maintain sequence edits and inserting VFX shots into the timeline
- Manage and document the turnover of shots from editorial through to delivery including ingesting new media into pipeline
- Ensure Ftrack is maintained with current shot counts, lineup and any retime instructions
- Ensure that published shots conform to the current edit and perform basic QC checks
- Prepare sequence edits for internal and client approvals when required
- Create daily playlists and work with existing set-up to present dailies with a view to making further improvements
- Perform shot specific colour corrections to match editorial reference when required
- Perform shot retimes to match supplied editorial reference when required (if needed)
- Make every effort to deliver work to the best of your abilities to meet the needs of dupe and flag when you feel this will be compromised.
- Demonstrable proficiency in editing using one or more of Hiero, Avid, Davinci Resolve, Premier
- A firm understanding of the VFX process and terminology
- An understanding of film and digital formats, files, frame rates and resolutions
- File encoding/transcoding experience, exhibiting a solid understanding of video codecs and file formats
- Professional experience in Avid and high-resolution playback software
- Self-managing and capable of working independently (with support)
- Confident in communicating internally and externally
- The ability to manage workload and work efficiently
- Detailed, diligent and meticulous yet able to resolve any mistakes if they happen (because we’re all human)
- The ability to identify when there is pressure and work with the team to resolve it calmly
- Passionate about the industry and dupe’s impact on people, the planet and the prosperity of the company - we are a B-Corp after all.
- RV, Heiro, Linux, Mac, PC, Cinesync, Ftrack, Photoshop, Keynote, Adobe Premiere, Final Cut Pro and, a bonus, Filemaker Pro. We also use various communication tools so the ability to move across email, Discord, video chat, Trello or similar knowing these may all come into play.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r1yz2x-3-236-68-118-42 in your application.
Salary Range: £100.00 to £300.00 Per Day (£ GBR)
Dupe carefully balance our talent and professionalism with an approachable, can-do attitude. Crafting stunning visual effects for film and television. And we make sure our staff have a healthy work-life balance too.
We believe success isn’t just about how much money you make – or how many hours you work. It’s also about how you treat people, and the environment. What you put back into the world. That’s why we’re a B Corporation. We believe in sticking to the highest standards of social purpose as outlined by B Lab: a non-profit organisation changing how the world does business. It means our business is a force for good.
What are we committing to? These are the areas of our business we are tracking and measuring for 2021/2021
Diversity in the workplace
Curbing our energy consumption
Maintaining equal pay
Aiming to be Carbon Neutral
Community/Local charitable donations
To see more details and check out our current score go to the B Corp website and search for dupevfx