Coordinator, Recruitment - Animation
This is an exciting opportunity for a HR professional who is collaborative, results-driven and innovative to join our Production HR team at DreamWorks Animation. You will have responsibility for directly supporting client groups, helping to manage employee relations issues, compensation planning, succession planning, talent development, and other HR initiatives. This role will offer exposure to Animation Production in Television and Feature Films.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Provide HR operational support for clients groups, including but not limited to: partnering with recruitment, on-boarding, off-boarding, compensation analysis and performance management.
• Work with managers and employees to resolve diverse and complex employee relations issues, while ensuring fair and consistent application of policies and practices .
• Act as an advocate for employees and managers in a manner that promotes trust, open communication, and problem resolution.
• Provide direction and interpretation of company policies and procedures to employees and Management.
• In partnership with HR Manager, provide coaching, counsel and direction to all employees (both union and non-union) and managers in areas such as conflict resolution, performance management, and compensation.
• Work with Studio Management to launch, track status and approval of performance reviews. Reviews and assists managers with the content of annual performance reviews.
• Support and facilitate organizational change in an agile and flexible manner, while keeping the studio's overall goals in mind.
• Process transactions in HR systems such as new hire and personnel actions, promotions, terminations, organizational changes, etc. through required work flow process.
• Facilitate New Hire Orientation as part of a rotation with other HR staff.
• Liaise with various studio departments such as Production Accounting, Payroll, Benefits, Business and Legal Affairs and Immigration to resolve issues.
• Coordinates and consults with employees and managers on Leaves of Absences, Ergonomic Assessments and Workers Compensation for assigned groups.
• Assist in creation and/or reviewing of job descriptions.
• Respond to routine HR questions including, but not limited to benefits, payroll, PTO and/or redirect employees to appropriate contacts in a timely manner.
• Conduct exit interviews, as well as coordinate with Technology and Facilities to ensure all security measures are met.
• Contribute to, and may have project ownership of, certain processes for HR-related initiatives.
• Coordinate, monitor and report COVID-19 testing and results as needed.
• Perform other ad hoc duties, as assigned.
• Bachelor's degree required. Human Resources Certification is a plus.
• Minimum 3+ years of progressive HR Generalist experience with an emphasis on employee relations.
Proven track record of forming effective relationships with client groups.
• Solid understanding of labor laws and demonstrates strong HR sensibility and critical thinking.
• Background in a fast paced Entertainment or Animation based industry preferred.
• Team oriented, self-starter with the ability to drive projects through completion with minimal supervision.
• Must have strong organizational skills with attention to detail.
• Ability to adapt quickly and be flexible in a dynamic environment.
• Working knowledge of Excel, Word and analytical skills. HRIS systems experience is a plus.
• Excellent communications skills and ability to communicate and work with employees at all levels required.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r11kky-3-236-232-99-42 in your application.