The Premedia Specialist will support our Traffic function and manage the flow of materials, including electronic files, images, and documents, between internal and external parties for the company. This role is responsible for reviewing materials and providing feedback – the ideal candidate will have experience in color correcting web and digital images, being able to evaluate images for color and markup for print or digital reproduction of assigned print and digital publications and products. The Premedia Specialist will work directly with our internal customers and third-party clients/customers, understanding needs and ensuring we meet expectations while prioritizing work and meeting deadlines.
Assist the Quality and Imaging teams with:
• Work with Premedia tools (Adobe software programs, Dalim ES soft proofing, DAS virtual Image server, Etc.) to perform required daily tasks.
• Evaluate and mark up images, in Dalim ES, with specific RGB corrections as outlined in the Image Retouching Vendor Guide.
• Use customer comments in Dalim ES to understand their needs from the image corrections and be able to add additional notes necessary for images to meet reproduction standards.
• Interpret customer needs and instructions and mark-up images with specific RGB corrections as outlined in the Image Retouching Vendor Guide.
• Follow basic color markings from Dalim ES and apply them to images from Assets.
• Color-correct and process digital images for input into assigned electronic publications and products.
• Prioritize work and meet deadlines.
• Premedia Specialist will consistently perform at a level that meets or exceeds performance standards, as established by the Premedia Management Team.
• Work on and take ownership of assigned Rate Base titles, serving as the liaison between creative staff and Premedia/Production resources (internal and third party) to ensure images meet established quality standards for print and digital reproduction.
• Host meetings with creative staff, sharing scorecards and discussing improvement opportunities.
• Work independently on Quality and Imaging work and with customers.
• Follow advanced procedures for image masking and selective color corrections.
Perform Traffic functions, managing the flow of materials (electronic files, images, documents) between internal and external parties.
• Intake job, review materials received, and provide improvement feedback to originating parties as needed. Review/compare upfront corrections; assess printability of materials including files supplied by third parties; and direct, troubleshoot, and correct, as needed, leveraging various department technologies. Review and approve final files and send completed materials to printers; including hard proofs as required by printers or clients. Perform post-production tasks such as packaging files for archiving and delivering to clients/customers.
• Ensure department equipment, including proofers and color-calibrated monitors, is operating at industry and department standards. Perform preventive maintenance on equipment on an as-needed basis.
• Maintain operation's accounting procedures, including time cards, daily tracking of jobs, schedule adherence, time spent per job/piece of work, and image/proof cycle reporting.
• Use reporting to drive improvements in color cycle rounds and schedule adherence. Provide ongoing feedback and process improvement opportunities.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gxb441-44-200-101-84-42 in your application.