Financial Analyst, Enterprise & Strategic Accounts
I. Job Summary | Major goals and objectives.
The Financial Analyst, Enterprise & Strategic Accounts, within Dotdash Meredith's (DDM) Ad Business Office, will work closely with the Finance Department (Assoc. Dir/Dept. Head, Managers, Analysts, and India-based support team), and with Sales Management (CROs, Publishers, Category Leads, and Sellers), on advertising-revenue-related issues and analyses. The person will collaborate with the Finance and Sales Teams in the following areas:
• Work with the Assoc. Director to assist in the relationship between Enterprise & Strategic Account Pricing/Analysis and the sales departments, in order to maintain clear dialogue on spending levels, print account rates, incentives, and rebates.
• Support the Assoc. Director with negotiations for agency holding companies to incentivize spend across DDM portfolio and media.
• Update and maintain the overall rate cards for certain Enterprise & Strategic Accounts.
• Aid sales management in preparation for corporate presentations and review meetings, based on specific issues/goals, and in the preparation of reports for ongoing meetings with Senior Management .
• Assist in the revenue-gathering aspects of the Sales Incentive Plan process, as it applies to the Sales teams and Sales Management.
• Assist the Credit & Collections Dept. in the revenue-collection process, through the gathering and interpretation of information that can help streamline ad revenue-related invoice payments from advertisers and agencies to DDM.
• Work closely with the other members of the Finance Dept., on an as-needed basis, to help with projects and tasks.
• Maintain advertiser, revenue, and salesperson assignment information, ensuring accuracy.
• Become an in-house resource for Salesforce data and usage, working with sales departments to maximize their ability to independently enter information into the system, ensuring accurate forecasts.
• Ensure the ad sales departments follow all corporate procedures.
• Work with Revenue Strategy, Digital Pricing and other corporate departments, ensuring information is represented consistently, relating to advertising revenue.
• Ad-hoc reporting.
II. Essential Job Functions
Accountabilities, Actions and Expected Measurable Results
Information gathering and pricing: This position will be responsible for establishing pricing procedures and guidelines that will increase pricing throughout and accuracy, while reducing turnaround time, and with better guarantees of achieving profitability, while assisting with reporting and information gathering for Agency Holding Co. and Strategic Account contract negotiations.
Advertising Revenue Forecasting: Assist Sales Mgmt. in forecasting advertising revenue on a regular basis. Use current systems to establish common procedures and standards to improve accuracy of revenue forecasts
Credit & Collections Efforts: work with this important department to ensure streamlined collection on ad revenue related invoices. This may include conversations with the finance departments of various ad agencies.
Other: Ad Hoc analysis on category, business and issue performance; Actual versus Budget and Prior Year analysis; liaise with Financial Business Managers on matters pertaining to past, current, and future advertising revenue analyses, pipelines, budgeting, and forecasting
III. Minimum Qualifications and Job Requirements | All must be met to be considered.
Minimum Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, or related field, or equivalent work experience
1 to 2 years of experience working with media, preferably digital media, especially in an analytics role
Specific Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Excellent critical thinking and analytical skills.
Strong MS Excel skills with the capability to organize and analyze large sets of data, including Pivot Tables and VLookups.
Familiarity with Gmail, Word, PowerPoint, including the ability to develop compelling presentations for senior leadership review.
Experience with Salesforce or other advertising-related CRM is a strong plus.
Effective verbal and written skills.
Proactive thinker with the ability to spot opportunities for improvement and implement strategies to address.
Must be highly collaborative with the ability to interact effectively with team members towards common values, goals, and objectives.
Ability to prioritize multiple priorities and the flexibility to changing needs of the business.
Must exemplify DDM's core values.
% Travel Required (Approximate): less than 5%
Salary: $58,500 - $70,000
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d9k889-44-200-117-166-42 in your application.