Client Development Manager
I. Job Summary | Major goals and objectives.
The Client Development Manager plays a unique and important hybrid role as both a results-oriented, experienced account manager and salesperson for sophisticated, mid-and-top tier clients including named accounts as well as inbound and outbound sales. You will champion Bizrate Insights' leadership in the e-commerce consumer insights and customer ratings markets by driving Bizrate Insights' value propositions and highest service delivery standards. This is a hybrid role that requires skills in account management with a passion for identifying new opportunities, pitching new business, upselling, cross-
selling, and closing sales.
The Client Development Manager will act as a strategic advisor for their book of business, servicing clients' needs. This includes being the day-to-day contact, providing consultative analytics to upsell and cross-sell new solutions based on client needs.
In addition to servicing a book of clients, the Client Development Manager is responsible for supporting inbound new business sales throughout the sales process including: prospecting, hunting, and subject matter expertise, leading to closed deals.
To accomplish this, the Client Development Manager will have e-commerce expertise along with strong analytical and presentation skills and a passion for sales and will combine a great instinct for selling compelling products with a strong
focus on users, clients, partners, and expansion. The Client Development Manager is a consultative seller with the ability to listen to the client base and translate their needs into products that drive adoption and entrenchment while aligning with corporate needs. This is an individual contributor role on the Client Development Team that requires close collaboration with other teams across organization.
Who you are:
To accomplish this, you will have ecommerce expertise along with strong analytical and presentation skills with a passion for sales. You combine a great instinct for developing and selling compelling products with a strong focus on users, clients and partners. You are consultative seller with the ability to listen to the client base and translate their needs into products that drive adoption and entrenchment while aligning with our corporate needs. In addition, you've used Salesforce or a similar CRM system to support clients and develop sales processes and lead generation channels.
II. Essential Job Functions
Accountabilities, Actions and Expected Measurable Results
• Build relationships with clients by acting as day-to-day contact for an assigned portfolio of mid-tier and top-tier accounts, including direct outreach.
• Train clients on Bizrate Insights' tools and solutions to entrench our position and demonstrate our ongoing value to the client's organization.
• Upsell relevant solutions to existing clients by making recommendations based on data findings then, encouraging them to purchase the additional services and solutions that meet their needs.
• Proactively identify opportunities and sell-in new products and services.
• Close new contracts and renew existing contracts.
• Drive product and feature adoption by providing consultative advice and usage/adoption recommendations.
• Retain a book of business by identifying and mitigating risks.
• Hunt, prospect, and close deals bringing in new logos.
• Act as a consultative salesperson, bringing new retailers to our network by selling-through our solutions and value proposition to leads.
• Attend conferences and trade shows as required.
• Respond to retailer inquiries (B2B Customer Support) as needed.
• Act as a support player and subject matter expert by providing support in: training, account support, retailer onboarding, etc., while learning and growing your client portfolio within the department.
• Support the collection of market intelligence through strong relationships with clients that lead to access to senior decision makers and their development roadmaps.
• Meet or exceed established quarterly goals.
III. Minimum Qualifications and Job Requirements | All must be met to be considered.
• Bachelor's degree, or related field or equivalent training and/or experience
• 5+ years of relevant experience in account management, client development, sales, or similar client-facing services, most recently working with top-tier clients.
Specific Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• A demonstrated consultative sales approach in account management and upselling/cross-selling as well as inside and outside sales; SaaS experience is a plus.
• A proven history of identifying prospects and closing new deals.
• A track record of successfully selling new solutions – you are both a hunter and nurturer.
• Basic understanding of statistics and analysis used to identify findings and create compelling data-based presentations and Quarterly Business Reviews (QBRs).
• Strength in written and oral communication is required, including the ability to clearly communicate value proposition and findings with comfort speaking to C-Level executives.
• Deadline-oriented mindset that embraces the production of high-quality work in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment while being mindful of deadlines and attention to detail.
• Knowledge and interest in e-commerce, specifically retail, is required; retail experience is a plus.
• Strong Microsoft Office or GSuite skills and CRM skills required; Salesforce experience is a plus.
Salary: $60,900 - $87,000
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rv8eyn-3-238-180-174-42 in your application.