Disney Entertainment's eight-owned ABC stations are multiplatform leaders in local news and information. WABC-TV has been the leader in local news and entertainment programming in the New York City area for more than 60 years. Producing more than 45 hours of live, local news and weather each week, Channel 7 ''Eyewitness News'' is the most-watched local news in New York and the United States. Quality news and programming, groundbreaking technology, and ongoing community outreach are the hallmarks of excellence that have consistently kept WABC-TV New York's No. 1 station and the most-watched television station in the nation.
WABC-TV's News Photographer will work closely with Assignment Desk, News Reporters and Managers to ensure the timely production of newscasts and special projects! The successful candidate will have a consistent track record in the fast-paced, high-pressure environment of daily local news gathering. The candidate must possess excellent interpersonal skills, and a strong work ethic.
Daily Hire is an employee hired to work daily with no requirement of a regular schedule.
• Set up and implement live and recorded elements for newscasts
• Edit segments and assemble video elements for shows
• Assist with the upkeep of equipment inventory
• Minimum of 3 years of experience in daily ENG newsgathering, including shooting, editing, and live shots, working with a reporter or alone.
• Must be willing to work any shift, including holidays.
• Candidates MUST know how to operate a MW live truck.
• Candidates need to have a clean driving record.
• Must be able to lift and carry a minimum of 30 pounds of equipment.
• Knowledge of the tri-state area is important.
• Proven understanding of P2 camera systems, Adobe Premiere Pro editing and bonded cellular transmission technologies (Dejero and Live U)
• Knowledge and experience in the use of smaller cameras, such as the Sony FX9
• Experience using adjustable lenses, multi-camera shooting, and working with complex and creative lighting solutions
• High School diploma or equivalent
• Bachelor's Degree in Communications, Studio Production, Journalism, or a related field
The pay rate for this role in New York is $58.1375 per hour.
About Disney Entertainment Television:
Disney Entertainment Television is a collection of renowned content brands at The Walt Disney Company creating original entertainment and news programming for the company's streaming platforms Disney+, Hulu and Star, and its broadcast and cable networks. Its extensive portfolio is comprised of ABC Entertainment, ABC News, ABC Owned Television Stations, Disney Branded Television, Freeform, FX, Hulu Originals, National Geographic Content and Onyx Collective, in addition to Disney Television Studios, which include 20th Television, 20th Television Animation, ABC Signature and Walt Disney Television Alternative. Responsible for over 4,500 hours of programming a year across more than 300 programs of all genres, Disney Entertainment Television's creative brands are at the forefront of groundbreaking storytelling, captivating audiences and generating critical acclaim. In 2023, Disney Entertainment Television's programming excellence earned 163 Emmy® nominations across daytime, primetime, news & documentary, and children's & family categories.
This position is with WABC Television (New York), LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Entertainment Television.
WABC Television (New York), LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r7pp8k-100-26-196-222-42 in your application.