VP, Programming Strategy & Content Planning (Disney Branded Television)
This position is responsible for the linear and multiplatform programming strategy/content planning related to Disney Channel, Disney XD & Disney Junior Channel. This also includes short-form slate management for non-linear platforms. The major platforms of focus and oversight for this role include the linear networks and the extension of these brands on TVE/VOD & YouTube.
• Oversight of linear & non-linear planning, strategy & related viewership performance. This includes driving multi-platform audience growth with a specific focus on the contribution from non-linear platforms (i.e. YouTube & TVE/VOD).
• Accountable for linear & non-linear audience delivery to meet key business goals across various divisions (Ad Sales, Affiliate Sales, Consumer Products/Franchise and International affiliated networks + subscriber targets across DTC platforms).
• Leverage insights and analysis to inform audience strategy and identifying creative opportunities.
• Create and develop digital video assets and packaging of short-form content for non-linear platforms.
• Partner with other digital platforms within Disney to identify and share best practices.
• Provide editorial strategy recommendations/needs and feedback to short-form originals team.
• Lead cross-functional/divisional teams to identify and elevate programming priorities.
• Work closely with the Business Operations team and Finance leads to support creation of budget strategy and ensure that content planning is within budget parameters.
• Lead large team across various functional groups.
• Significant experience with linear/multiplatform content strategy and planning (and related audience strategy) across non-linear platforms.
• Significant experience managing robust teams with the ability to lead (both direct and indirect reports) to deliver above expectations.
• In-depth understanding of the media business and the value chain that drives content windowing across various platforms with particular focus on YouTube.
• In-depth understanding of short-form content creation and related digital video editing to prepare & package assets for YouTube.
• Advanced data literacy – ability to synthesize raw data and form actionable strategies to drive performance and create new viewership opportunities on non-linear platforms.
• Passion and insight into The Walt Disney Company segments, brands and franchises, the elements that define them, and expertise to build further audience engagement.
• Strategic, creative, and entrepreneurial mindset.
• Superior organizational, prioritization, and time management skills; ability to execute against multiple, high-priority projects, with a keen attention to detail.
• Highly developed written and verbal communications skills. Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with senior management, staff, and external research professionals.
• Strong emotional intelligence and collaborative spirit.
• Proven ability to work across a highly matrixed organization while also able to self-motivate.
• Demonstrated ability to thrive working in an extremely fast-paced environment.
• Ideally, experience working with streaming platforms.
• Bachelor's degree, or equivalent work experience.
The hiring range for this position in [location] is 167,280 to $230,010 per year. The base pay actually offered will take into account internal equity and also may vary depending on the candidate's geographic region, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience among other factors. A bonus and/or long-term incentive units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to the full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered.
This position is with National Geographic Partners PAY SVC, which is part of a business we call Walt Disney Television.
National Geographic Partners PAY SVC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rbyov6-44-200-117-166-42 in your application.