The Walt Disney Company's Disney Media and Entertainment Distribution (DMED) is a new, global business segment for The Walt Disney Company with the mission of providing consumers around the world access to the content they want most, on the latest platforms, at a time of rapidly-evolving consumer habits. This position will drive the social media strategy for Lucasfilm, a global leader in film, television and digital entertainment. In addition to its feature film and series production, the company's offerings include cutting-edge visual effects and audio post-production, digital animation, immersive storytelling, and the management of the global merchandising activities for its entertainment properties including the legendary STAR WARS and INDIANA JONES franchises.
The Vice President of Lucasfilm Social and Digital is responsible for creating and driving the digital strategy for the brands, franchises and businesses within Lucasfilm, Ltd. In this role, you will oversee a team of 20+ high-performing digital employees who cover social media, content programming, digital content creative, editorial strategy for the Star Wars and Lucasfilm channels. This role will enact a cohesive social media and digital communications strategy, to both keep core fandom engaged while also broadening the audience including multicultural segments. This strategy also needs to be authentic to the Lucasfilm brand, working across all divisions of the company to maximize synergy opportunities. This position will also work closely with Industrial Light & Magic, Skywalker Sound, ILMxLAB, Games, and Publishing on digital content strategies.
The ideal candidate will have a deep understanding of the Star Wars brand & Lucasfilm franchises and a deep knowledge of a digital ecosystem including social media from an audience, digital content, operational and diversity perspective.
Oversight of programming and editorial for our website will also be included in this role. The person will need experience in representing and maintaining meaningful brands in the digital space while successfully collaborating with the many social and digital teams within The Walt Disney Company both in the US and in territories around the world.
• Oversee the planning, publishing and operational systems for Star Wars Develop a social media strategy that keeps the Star Wars and Lucasfilm channels a fun and safe place for fans to engage. This constantly evolving strategy needs to speak to a multicultural audience and stay true to the Lucasfilm brand and values. Analyze key performance metrics regularly and make vital recommendations for constant improvement.
• Work with the Studio to develop social strategies for new Lucasfilm projects and brands beyond Star Wars (e.g. Indiana Jones, Willow, Children of Blood & Bone, etc.) to reach a multicultural audience and bring in new fans.
• Lead conversations with the leaders and partners across all Lucasfilm divisions (Publishing, Games, Film, Series, Animation, Immersive Entertainment, VFX, Sound, etc.) to strategize social media efforts, and build an overarching plan to meet business objectives.
• Drive increasing traffic, as well as foster significant ways to convert users to the various businesses in the company (SVOD, Retail, Parks, etc.). Grow YOY earned media value and ensure the overall brand integrity and safety on these platforms from numerous stakeholders throughout the company.
• Develop the overall digital content strategy for numerous social media platforms through a wide variety of analytics and insight reports. Oversee the day-to-day management of the Lucasfilm brands and franchises on YouTube and guide a consistent flow of content that results in high-earned media value for the company.
• Oversee our internal influencer-marketing group who both create campaigns on behalf of the company, as well as work with our ad sales team on branded content. Increase earned media value for the company and aggressively manage down margins for ad sales.
• Guide a small team who supports the social media teams in terms of ''low touch'' content (illustrations, design, motional graphic) as well as the web programming teams in terms of onsite creative (hero units, creative branding, etc.). Continue to create a high level of quality while managing the amount we need to spend externally on content.
• 10+years of experience in the digital marketing space
• Must have experience running multiple teams consisting of various disciplines
• Needs to be highly competent in brand and franchise marketing and development
• Should be highly educated about the functionality of all applicable social and digital media platforms.
• Must be practiced when it comes to owned web environments and systems
• Must have Senior leadership experience in a highly matrixed global media organization
• Must have a thorough understanding of the Star Wars brand.
• Must have a strategic and analytical mindset.
• Must have an established track record of optimizing digital marketing campaigns
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d88n0k-3-233-219-62-42 in your application.