New York, NY
The Walt Disney Company's Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) is a new, global business segment for The Walt Disney Company with the mission of providing consumers around the world access to the content they want most, on the latest platforms, at a time of rapidly-evolving consumer habits. Combining the Company's direct-to-consumer streaming services – ESPN+, the Disney+ streaming service and its ownership stake in Hulu -- alongside Disney's international media businesses, DMED aligns cutting-edge technology with world-class content and beloved brands to expand the Company's global footprint and deliver highly-personalized entertainment experiences to diverse consumers around the world.
The Technology Recruiter is an integral member of our technical recruiting team responsible for delivering top talent and excellent service to technology clients across The Walt Disney Company. This individual will develop robust candidate pipelines and be capable of generating results in a fast paced environment. Embedded within a technical recruiting center of excellence, this professional will be directly responsible for the full service client management and recruiting of our technology and engineering disciplines. The Senior Technical Recruiter will partner with client stake holders to develop and execute recruiting strategies. The ideal candidate will possess the ability to proactively identify top level talent through a variety of sourcing/recruiting techniques. This professional will ensure impeccable recruitment execution to achieve seamless candidate and client recruitment experience.
Position is ideally based in New York but open to LA area, Seattle, San Francisco area or remote.
• Act as a consultative, recruitment subject matter expert by applying best practices for full recruitment lifecycle and strategic talent acquisition
• Facilitate the end to end recruitment process; including recruit/source, interview, selection and on boarding of new hires
• Drive the development and implementation of comprehensive technical recruitment plans
• Collaborate with clients and HR partners to develop a strong understanding of department culture, business strategy and talent profiles to deliver on the hiring needs of the business
• Demonstrate ability to attract, influence and convert hard to find passive talent through your understanding of the business and employee value proposition
• Conduct in-depth screens and assess potential technical candidates for level of interest, qualifications, and compensation
• Use innovative sourcing and marketing/branding techniques to engage both active and passive candidates. Sourcing tools include but not limited to: LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr and diversity-oriented sites & blogs
• Utilize recruitment tools such as applicant tracking system, CRM etc. for workflow tracking, communication and management of active and passive candidates
• Ongoing research of competitive landscape and market insights/trends to remain current and relevant in functional technology expertise and demographics
• Drive facilitation of continuous improvement via measurement tools, scorecards, and recruitment analytics
• Participate in special projects/task forces as assigned
• Represent Company for recruiting purposes at identified networking and industry events, job fairs, conferences, etc.
• Develop a broad professional network of top technology talent
• Ensure compliance with EEO/Diversity policies, including FedCon requirements when necessary
• Train, coach and mentor recruiting team members on advanced search features, modern best practices, and enterprise sourcing integration
• Minimum of 3-5 years of large corporate and agency technical recruiting experience, across various technical disciplines, including software engineering, system architecture, data services and all related functional software and services professionals
• Experience developing and executing fully comprehensive sourcing/recruitment plans
• Experience meeting time to fill, quantity, quality, diversity, veteran and internal hiring
• Deep experience using social media tools for sourcing and branding efforts; tools include but not limited to: LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr and Diversity oriented sites & Blogs
• Expertise in advanced Boolean and/or Semantic searching
• Proven ability to support/interact and advise senior level management
• A strong business acumen with the ability to understand & interpret complex business needs and business structure
• Ability to analyze job descriptions and candidate profiles to determine target profile needs and appropriate match
• Ability to navigate competing priorities and multiple stakeholders
• Excellent consultative skills and proven success developing strong, collaborative relationships across multiple departments and levels
• Proven experience engaging high-potential prospects through targeted sourcing and cold calling
• Knowledge of enterprise-wide Applicant Tracking systems and proven experience working in a results measured environment
• Must be able to work effectively in a team environment and communicate effectively across multiple departments and levels.
• Work with little direction or supervision
• Strong negotiation and presentation skills
• Outstanding attention to detail
• Resourceful, with exceptional problem solving skills
• Ability to maintain confidential information
Recruiting or HR certifications nice to have
BA/BS strongly preferred
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gw9ny2-3-234-211-61-42 in your application.
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ and Disney+.