Senior Data Analyst, Planning
New York, NY
As a Senior Software Engineer for Connected Devices, you will help us push the boundaries of what is possible on some of the most interesting 10-foot devices in the marketplace. You'll work on a team of other client developers alongside systems, services engineers, and project managers.
This opening is for senior software engineers working in one of our Bay Area or NYC office locations or those interested in working remote.
We truly believe we offer a unique opportunity for any technologist:
• To work on a bleeding edge technology stack
• To work with a world-class team of Engineers
• To work on award-winning, complex apps and systems
• To work in a highly collaborative team environment
• To have an influence on the innovation of products used globally by millions
• Enforce code quality through test driven development.
• Collaborate closely with other engineering, product, and marketing teams to help define product requirements.
Senior level candidates should have:
• 5 or more years of experience building compelling web applications.
• Experience with and ability to communicate multiple different software architectures (MVC, MVVM, Redux, etc.) and application design patterns.
• Ability to quickly analyze and understand the performance impacts of code and data structures in order to deliver highly optimized code on constrained hardware.
• Experience mentoring junior level team members.
• WebGL or Canvas.
• Google Chromecast.
• React.js experience a plus.
• HTML5 video including MSE and EME.
• Video streaming technologies including HLS and DRM.
• C/C++ experience, specifically on connected device hardware a plus.
• Your IDE of choice!
• Console.log() or printf()
• Github Enterprise
• Gulp and Webpack
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ and Disney+.