Hulu is the leading premium streaming service offering live and on-demand TV and movies, with and without commercials, both in and outside the home. Operating at the intersection of entertainment and technology, Hulu has a unique opportunity to be the number one choice for TV. We captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love, and we're looking for people who are passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking, and embracing fun. Join us and see what Hulugan life is all about.
Hulu's Database Engineering team is seeking a motivated Senior Software Engineer who will be an exceptional addition to our growing team. Our team is responsible for building and improving platform-like capabilities, using managed systems as the base layer, for application runtime needs such as data storage, messaging, lambda functions, and feature-flagging to name a few. We are responsible for powering all of Hulu's backend systems from live video delivery to login and billing, serving tens of millions of customers, with aspirations to grow to hundreds of millions.
The right person for this role is passionate about building systems that are optimized for scalability, efficiency, reliability, and uptime. If you are someone who gets excited with sub-millisecond service response time and has experience building fault-tolerant systems at scale, then this is an excellent role for you. Come join our team and help create amazing application runtime platforms while revolutionizing streaming TV!
• Build and manage code in AWS using Terraform.
• Development and Operations on the strategy and execution of migration from on-prem databases to AWS-managed solutions. Creating automation scripts and Terraform modules to accelerate this process.
• Align Observability Standards for AWS-managed Database Resources creating Datadog and Cloudwatch Dashboards and Monitors.
• Creation of procedures and standards for query tuning, performance monitoring, and operations, suggesting best practices for different kinds of databases at scale.
• Standardize and streamline our database infrastructure, focusing on automation and building things the right way rather than the fast way.
• Provide technical support to other development teams which operate MySQL, MongoDB, Redis, and Cassandra clusters operation using in-house-built DBaaS platforms.
• Automate the implementation of the internal access control and log aggregation through Terraform in all databases to ensure the compliance with the SOX standard.
• Creation of Technical Documentation and Runbooks for reference and reporting.
• Perform acceptance and integration testing for all the database terraform modules.
• Drive the release process for all the database Terraform modules being the point of contact of cloud engineering team who manages Terraform modules registry.
• In-depth knowledge of two or more of these database solutions, DynamoDB, MySQL/Aurora, Redis Elasticache, MongoDB, Cassandra.
• Shell Scripting (essential), Python (extremely good to have), Java (good to have)
• Expertise with core database modeling fundamentals, database optimization, and database architecture.
• Experience designing and building scalable, distributed, fault-tolerant, high-uptime data systems.
• Experience and drive towards automation.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills, and a team-focused approach towards software development.
• Experience with a broad set of AWS tools (IAM, S3, EC2s, AWS Glue, Lambda, CloudWatch, AWS data pipeline)
• Experience with infrastructure as code such as Terraform, CloudFormation
• Experience working in a mix of AWS/Cloud and Enterprise data center environments.
• Experience developing and operating infrastructure systems and services.
• Experience working with large-scale real-time systems.
• Experience with CI/CD tools
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rb1o56-3-80-3-192-42 in your application.