• Serve as a key go-to resource and escalation contact for our Content Management and Publishing teams in identifying and troubleshooting an array of complex metadata and A/V issues
• Leverage cross-domain content expertise to drive project execution and product improvements for operational initiatives
• Ensure content integrity by auditing and evaluating against quality standards, monitoring systems for alerts and take corrective actions, and perform both routine and more complicated asset management tasks
• Provide data and trend insights for operational objectives
• Evangelize and enforce our content specifications and provide technical support to external partners for delivery and quality issues
• Maintain documentation and runbook accuracy through regular refinement or creation
• Communicate tech challenges and operational requirements effectively to a variety of stakeholders
• Provide feedback on operational workflows to propose scalable solutions for content management and Hulu's content toolset
• Manage multiple tasks simultaneously and be able to respond to issues in a timely and effective manner
• Meet with and drive operational needs of digital supply chain, content toolsets, and content business initiatives with engineering and product teams
• Focused work on own projects and initiatives
• Deep drive troubleshooting and analysis of trends, issues, and problems
• Documentation and runbooks
• Minimum 5 years' experience in digital distribution, post-production, and/or digital asset management
• Masterful digital video delivery experience, including knowledge of various video specifications, ingest platforms, content metadata schemas, and content management systems
• Experience in one or more of the following; constructing complex SQL and database queries, JSON/Python or other programming languages, and /or Terminal (OSX) and Ubuntu (Linux) command line operations
• Outstanding communication skills and the ability to effectively present requirements, challenges and solutions across internal and external teams and partners
• Strong understanding of the digital content lifecycle, from production through distribution, including post-production, QC, packaging and delivery
• Ability to deliver incredibly high-quality results in a heavy multitasking environment
• Familiarity with Agile, Kanban, and Scrum methods
• Bachelor's Degree in TV/Film Production, Communications, Computer Science, Data Science/Analytics, or similar
• Experience with ffmpeg command–line
• Specifications and standards documentation experience (Movielabs,Cablelabs)
• Experience in new and emerging video/audio encoding tech (4K/UHD, HDR, Atmos)
This role is considered on-site, which means the employee will work from a Company designated location on an ongoing basis.
About Disney Streaming:
Comprised of the Company's international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Hulu, LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Streaming.
Hulu, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gkzj2k-3-225-221-151-42 in your application.