Data Software Developer in Test
New York, NY
Sr. Software Engineer (C/C++)
The group is the first line of interaction and directly responsible for the quality of the Disney ADK device ports delivered for formal certification at Disney. The group plays a role that expedites the consumption of the ADK client solution in multi-millions of consumer devices across the world.
• Team members will support partners integrating the Disney ADK solution into their OEM devices such as Set-Top-Boxes (STB), TV chipset and other embedded devices.
• As integration support engineers we will be responsible for assisting with 1st level triage of ADK integration issues, overall quality of the certification port delivered to Disney for formal certification, streamlining the integration effort, quality and overall content of documentation consumed by partners, innovation where needed to scale the delivery and use of the ADK, tooling that may be required for troubleshooting.
• The role requires a strong independent contributor, not afraid to get their hands dirty, with no expectation of help from peers or other Disney ADK teams due to various constraints such as work-load, time-zone, etc. The ideal candidate with need to adapt and pivot as needed and must be able to multi-task multiple different partners, efforts and initiatives.
• Remote collaboration and team synergy skills is a strong must. Customer support and interaction skills are a primary requirement with multi-cultural empathy a strong second. Candidate will be able to adapt to a large code base of multiple technological complexities and will require to learn-as-they-go and assimilate a lot in a short amount of time. Candidate will also need to be an ambassador and liaison between different ADK engineering teams.
• CRM system (tracker and Jira) based interaction and resolution of questions and issues reported by various partners
• Where needed support, debug and triaging issues to help improve the ADK, identifying short-term work-arounds to facilitate partner timelines, act as a liaison between different ADK engineering teams, etc.
• Internal initiatives for improving scalability of partner integration support team efforts
• Fluent in C and C++, toolchain use and exposure to different build systems.
• Sr Engineering, individual contributor and leadership presence (must have some prior background with good results and not afraid to control a room), mentorship skills, good control of language, English a common communication must, other languages abilities a good plus.
• Exposure to large code base support.
• Must have good exposure to embedded devices.
• Strong familiarity with Linux and other different operating systems a must.
• Virtual Machine and docker exposure a strong preference
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ and Disney+.