Senior Media Systems Engineer
We are looking for one of the founding members of the Partner API Integration team at Disney Streaming Services in Amsterdam.
The Partner API Integration team works with partner TV providers to enable customer sign-ups and billing for the Disney Streaming family of services (Disney+, ESPN+, Hulu). This includes consulting, documentation production, and some sample code production.
As a Solution Engineer in the Partner API Integration team you will be a critical team member responsible for helping partner cable providers implement software necessary for signing up as a Disney+ provider. This role is a key part of the ability for Disney+ to expand into new markets by enabling partners to implement the Disney+ web APIs necessary for customer sign-ups and billing.
What you'll do:
• You will also work with partner providers on project timelines to assist them with creating and testing their partner API (RESTful web API) implementations.
• Manage the customer relationship during the integration project period
• Develop documentation and samples
• Collaborate and coordinate with the larger partner ecosystem
This role requires:
• Working knowledge of RESTful web and related technologies, including JSON.
• Strong organizational skills and customer oriented focus.
• Experience with two or more computing platforms/languages commonly used with RESTful web technologies.
• Familiarity with standards-based identity technologies: JWT, JWKS.
• Ability to rapidly prototype example solutions for partner engineering organizations.
• Customer-facing experience required.
• 2 - 3 years of web development experience required
• REST web API experience strongly preferred
• Solutions engineering or sales engineering experience preferred.
• Experience with container (e.g. Docker) and cloud-based (e.g. AWS) technologies preferred.
• Familiarity with monitoring solutions (esp. Datadog) a plus.
This position is with The Capitals B.V., which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming Services.
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ and Disney+.