The Walt Disney Company's Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) is a new, global business segment for The Walt Disney Company with the mission of providing consumers around the world access to the content they want most, on the latest platforms, at a time of rapidly-evolving consumer habits. Combining the Company's direct-to-consumer streaming services – ESPN+, the Disney+ streaming service and its ownership stake in Hulu -- alongside Disney's international media businesses, DMED aligns cutting-edge technology with world-class content and beloved brands to expand the Company's global footprint and deliver highly-personalized entertainment experiences to diverse consumers around the world.
The team is looking for a Senior Manager, HR Business Partner. In this role, the Senior Manager, HR Business Partner will contribute to and lead the execution of human resources strategies and tactics to support the needs of the DMED Finance organization. The Senior Manager will lead and facilitate all HR programs and strategies in support of the client group through collaboration with the clients, HR specialty groups and other HR business partners. He or she will serve as an expert consultant to business leaders on all talent matters, including D&I, organizational effectiveness, leader effectiveness, change management, organizational design and learning opportunities.
• Establishes and maintains an intimate understanding of the client organizations and the business, in the interest of building effective and productive working relationships with internal stakeholders and clients, at all levels of the organization.
• Plans and leads organization design projects to streamline and implement new structures, roles and/or processes that create speed, efficiency, and support rapidly shifting business demands.
• Proactively assesses business and organizational performance to recommend and drive action through a consultative, ''influence without authority'' approach.
• Coach business leaders on HR policies and processes, including talent planning, learning and development, and performance management to promote engagement and a culture of continuous growth and development.
• Drive diversity and inclusion within the organization, personally and programmatically
• Assesses organizational performance systemically, defining talent gaps and proposing HR solutions that support client business objectives.
• Coaches business leaders on key organizational and management issues.
• Plans and facilitates work sessions to develop business strategies (i.e. vision, mission, value, objectives) that help support organizational focus, efficiency, speed, and business results.
• Develop and execute a lifecycle approach to talent management focused on forecasting, staffing, on-boarding, development, performance management, career / succession planning, talent movement and retention, leveraging rigorous workforce analytics and insights.
• Lead partner with recruitment, with a strong focus on acquiring and retaining top talent and on building pipeline for future needs.
• Uses understanding of individual and organizational dynamics to facilitate talent movement into and throughout the organization.
• Develops thoughtful, integrated approaches to promote diversity and inclusion in talent attraction, development and retention.
• Assesses employee training and development needs based on business strategy in order to help close gaps between current and future skill sets.
• 7 - 10+ years of progressively responsible experience as an HR Business Partner in a dynamic environment, with specific experience in strategy development (preferred), organizational design, talent management and change management. Experience working with senior executives in an ''influence-without-authority'' role.
• Demonstrated ability to work in and manage ambiguity – dealing with issues that do not always have a process or a system in place.
• Ability to position self as credible (garners respect, acts with integrity, keeps commitments); proactive (has a point of view, challenges assumptions, takes initiative); and a trusted thought partner (builds relationships, delivers results).
• Independent work style, balancing the need for collaboration with minimal supervision.
• Equally adept at consulting, thinking strategically and execution. Exhibits a roll-up your sleeves attitude
• Demonstrated experience and ability to balance business partnering skills with employee advocacy.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d5k3oz-3-236-117-38-42 in your application.