Senior Manager, Content Protection (6 Month Fixed-Term Contract)
This position will report into the Director Content Distribution and will be responsible of the technical content protection review of distribution deals for EMEA. This role provides an essential service to the business in building and protecting revenue streams.
This individual will work with their team to negotiate distribution deals across EMEA from a content protection technology standpoint, in particular as it relates to content protection of end user devices, and future distribution platforms trends. They will work alongside global colleagues of the Platform Operations in maintaining a consistent approach to technical audits.
The individual will need to have a strong understanding of content protection technology and be able to guide the team on the more complex technical queries in regards to solutions including encryption, output protection and preventing out of territory access.
This is a full-time (salaried) 6 month FTC position based 4 days a week in our Hammersmith office, and 1 day working from home from 1st March.
• Lead the evaluations of distribution solutions, including streaming video solutions, broadcast systems, IPTV middleware platforms, physical media.
• Review content protection provisions in contracts for content Disney acquires for their channels.
• Lead the evaluations of content protection solutions and architectures, including watermarking, fingerprinting, conditional access, DRM, encryption schemes.
• Lead the evaluations of new consumer devices, including set top boxes, mobile phones, media application frameworks.
• Lead the evaluations of chipsets components, including CPUs, GPUs, hybrid architectures, mobile chipsets.
• Responsible to have the CSS finalised in time for licence start dates to be met, including resolving compliance issues to ensure that content protection is not holding up deals.
• Lead the first review of the Technical Questionnaire and follow up with platforms for further on questions.
• Review and feedback on Content Security Schedule comments received from the clients and Disney Legal teams.
• Works with key clients to ensure we can enable deals. Staying in touch before a deal is commercially negotiated to ensure we have an understanding of the systems they have in place.
• Works closely with the Content Protection team, Platform Operations.
• Build relationships with key vendors for DRM, CAS and geofilteirng.
• Lead UHD content protection discussions.
• Review any security incidents and work with clients and internal teams to put together a plan to resolve.
• Comprehensive and significant experience in TV Distribution/Post Production/Technology required
• Strong commercial, technical and consumer understanding of digital media
• In-depth knowledge of Television broadcast technology including DTH, Cable, IPTV, DTT and OTT distribution
• In depth knowledge of devices capable of receiving broadcast or streamed video
• Good understanding of encryption systems including industry standard Conditional Access and Digital Rights Management systems
• Very good understanding of streaming technologies
• Familiarity with distribution business models such as linear, VOD, EHVL
• Solid understanding of legal process and documentation of distribution deals
• Familiarity with databases and structured data
• 25 days annual leave
• Private medical insurance & dental care
• Free Park Entry: You will have the opportunity to enter any of our parks with your family and friends for free
• Disney Discounts: you are entitled to discounts on designated Disney products, resort F&B and ticketing
• Excellent parental and guardian leave
• Employee Resource Groups – WOMEN @ Disney, Disney DIVERSITY, Disney PRIDE, our new disability & neurodiversity focused group - ENABLED, and our Mental Health & Wellbeing Group, TRUST.
The Walt Disney Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We strive to be a diverse workforce that is representative of our audiences, and where all can thrive and belong. We are committed to building a team that includes and respects a variety of voices, identities, backgrounds, experiences and perspectives.
About Disney Entertainment & ESPN Technology:
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company's powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you'll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company Limited, which is part of a business we call Disney Entertainment & ESPN Technology.
The Walt Disney Company Limited is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gk7p9k-18-207-160-97-42 in your application.