Senior Manager, Affiliate Distribution
This is a 12 month FTC and requires you to be in the office 4 days per week.
This role supports the Distribution team in all distribution activities, including all Disney+ related matters.
The Opportunity & Responsibilities
• Managing clients where the central team needs to cover for the local resource, including negotiations;
• Support in defining strategy for major renewals/new deals in the regions;
• Support in selling and implementation of new products including inputs in product design, pricing structure, sales materials pack, regional team training, and sales tracking;
• Creation of sales materials for existing portfolio;
• Creation and maintenance of tools for communication and reporting between the central and the regional teams (Strategic Renewal Plan, Deal Pipeline reports, Authorization Forms, etc.);
• Drawing on extensive research and emerging trends to develop new products or develop existing ones;
• Analytical support for the definition of standardized commercial policies;
• Support during the budgeting process, reviewing regional distribution budgets;
• Disney+ related activities:
• Development of partnership strategy for Telcos;
• Financial modelling of D+ deals; supporting the region with financial modelling of proposed deals and amendments;
• Support of D+ finance team during the budgeting process;
• Support during D+ negotiation process and operational support immediately after.
• Preparing the channels revenue budget for UK & ROI and delivering the budget;
• Developing the D+ telco partnership strategy for UK & ROI and delivering it;
• Consolidating the pan-regional D+ partnership budgets (both AOP and 5YP), preparing the central view and communicating them to management;
• Supporting the regional teams with D+ partnership strategy, preparation and executions;
As such, the senior manager will have an impact on the channels and D+ partnership revenues in UK & ROI, as well as influence over the regional D+ and channel revenues.
The senior manager will be in constant communication with:
• all the regional heads of distribution on D+ and channel deals (some regions);
• all functional teams involved in channels (marketing, ops, etc.) and D+ team;
The Experience We Require From You
• Analytical approach to problem solving – solutions and strategies are presented with supporting data and materials
• Good communication – ability to create concise presentations that draw on existing research and observations to tell a story (whether a pitch or an internal presentation), good understanding of PowerPoint/other presentation tools
• Microsoft Excel
• Prior finance, consulting or strategy experience is a plus
• Prior experience in the media sector is useful
This position is with The Walt Disney Company Limited, which is part of a business we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
The Walt Disney Company Limited is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gkybwp-18-205-26-39-42 in your application.