Senior Financial Analyst
Disney Entertainment (DE) is the global segment for The Walt Disney Company that is passionate about non-sports film, television and direct-to-consumer (DTC) video streaming content production and distribution activities. The significant lines of business within DE are Linear Networks (includes ABC Television Network, Disney, Freeform, FX, Star), Direct-to-Consumer (Disney+, Disney+ Hotstar, Hulu), and Content Sales / Licensing (includes theatrical distribution and sales / licensing of film and episodic content).
DE brings together the Company's outstanding product, technology, and commercialization teams together into one global organization, with the goal of growing the footprint of Disney's world-class content and beloved brands and delivering highly-personalized entertainment experiences to diverse consumers around the world.
DE Segment FP&A leads the overall financial planning and consolidation of the segment, representing ~$40 billion of revenue. In doing so, our team works with business partners across the organization, both in the US as well as in global markets. Our role is to gain a deep understanding of each business, lead the overall consolidation and financial planning process for Five-Year Plan / AOP / Forecast, and provide insightful analysis and recommendations to DE Executive leadership. In addition, we craft the financial story of our businesses which is presented to The Walt Disney Company Executive leadership for their use with the Board of Directors, Investors, etc. Finally, DE FP&A partners strongly with groups outside of DE such as Investor Relations, Treasury, Controllership, and Corporate FP&A. Come join one of the most dynamic and exciting areas of The Walt Disney Company!
• DE Segment FP&A is seeking a Senior Financial Analyst who has the ability to take data and translate it into meaningful analyses which enable the segment to make forward-thinking, actionable decisions. In doing so, this position will be responsible for the following:
• Provide financial and analytical support for the streaming services business divisions including the monitoring of financial performance, variance analysis, and risks & opportunities
• Help support the consolidation of Direct-To-Consumers (DTC) Forecasts, Annual Operating Plans, and Long-Range Plans
• Assist with tracking and updating DTC KPIs
• Build management reporting and executive-level presentations that are engaging, informative, and well-organized
• Effectively communicate financial information to leadership
• Work with key collaborators, operating groups, and FP&A team members to improve effectiveness and efficiency of the financial planning process
• Develop, improve, update, and/or maintain financial dashboards
• Engage in ad-hoc financial analysis for senior leadership
• Interact with internal and external business partners to remain informed of business challenges issues that affect our business
• The ability to manage multiple projects and collaborate with multiple collaborators within our own team as well as across the Company will be critical to success. In addition, the ideal candidate will be able to synthesize large quantities of data and provide meaningful insights and conclusions while also being proficient with financial reporting systems (e.g. TM1).
Responsibilities and Duties of the Role:
• Line of Business / Business unit support
• Overall support of financial planning cycles (LRP, AOP, and Forecasts)
• Ad hoc projects, analysis, reporting, FP&A improvement in execution
Required Education, Experience/Skills/Training:
• 2 years of finance/accounting related work experience, preferably with a media/entertainment, technology, or start-up company
• Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Mathematics, or Statistics
• Proficient knowledge of GAAP / Accounting principles
• Proficient / Expert level in Excel and Powerpoint; and with financial reporting systems (e.g. COGNOS TM1)
• Strong analytical skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to prioritize projects, handle tight deadlines, and achieve effective results in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
• Ability to manage expectations of team members
Preferred Education, Experience/Skills/Training:
• MBA and/or CPA
• COGNOS TM1
• Microsoft Power BI
The hiring range for this position in California is $101,790 to $124,410 per year. The base pay actually offered will take into account internal equity and also may vary depending on the candidate's geographic region, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience among other factors. A bonus and/or long-term incentive units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to the full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered.
About Disney Entertainment:
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company's powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you'll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
This position is with Walt Disney Direct-to-Consumer & Intl, which is part of a business we call Disney Entertainment.
Walt Disney Direct-to-Consumer & Intl is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d2bz96-34-239-154-201-42 in your application.
The Walt Disney Company Media Networks segment includes cable and broadcast television networks, television production and distribution operations, publishing, domestic television stations, digital businesses and radio networks and stations.