The Walt Disney Company's Direct-to-Consumer and International Segment (DTCI) is a global, multiplatform media, technology, and distribution organization for high-quality content created by Disney's Studio Entertainment and Media Networks Groups.
DTCI includes Disney's international media operations and the Company's direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the upcoming Disney-branded direct-to-consumer streaming service, the Company's ownership stake in Hulu, and the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN. BAMTECH Media, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney-branded streaming platforms, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company as part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment.
The Senior Financial Analyst will be a strong contributor supporting financial planning and analysis activities for consolidation of the International Networks business and will serve as a business partner and point of contact to Disney Entertainment & ESPN Segment's FP&A, Corporate Controllership, Corporate Treasury and more. In this role, the Senior Financial Analyst will consolidate and coordinate reporting of the forecasts, AOP and 5YP for all of International Channels. The Senior Financial Analyst will also collaborate with several regional partners and segments within the Walt Disney Company to align reporting and deliver on the strategic, financial and operational goals of the business. The candidate for this position will be comfortable with large amounts of data and be able to analyze proficiently in order to derive succinct conclusions.
The ability to manage competing priorities in an ever changing, dynamic environment with confidence will be critical to success. In addition, a successful candidate will look for opportunities to drive efficiency in processes and be willing to challenge the status quo.
Responsibilities and Duties of the Role:
• Contribute to the planning and coordination of the strategic plan, budget and forecast for the entire International Channels business.
• Consolidate, reconcile, review and analyze all international channels financials to ensure accuracy of the data. Support efficiency of the process and timeliness of the reporting.
• Generate and analyze key business metrics to explain and communicate performance trends and business drivers.
• Support the development and preparation of presentation materials used to communicate the financial plan and associated risks and opportunities to senior management.
Required Education, Experience/Skills/Training:
• Required Education: Bachelor's degree in Finance, Economics, Business, Accounting or other related field or equivalent work experience
• Preferred Education: MBA and/or CPA preferred
• Minimum of 4-6 years of experience with 2 to 3 years of applicable experience in finance and planning.
• Demonstrated experience with consolidation, budgeting, forecast planning and variance analysis for large complex organizations
• Advanced proficiency in excel to perform financial modeling and quantitative analysis
• Strong PowerPoint and presentation skills
• Excellent communication skills (oral, written and business presentations) and ability to interact with many levels of individuals within an organization
• Experience with financial reporting tools (Cognos TM1 and SAP a plus)
• Ability to flex and adapt work schedule to changing business demands and an international client group
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail to prioritize & handle multiple assignments
• Background in the media/entertainment industry, particularly knowledge of the international pay TV business
• Prior experience in working with International markets
This position is with ESPN, Inc, which is part of a business we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gkybp8-44-200-117-166-42 in your application.