New York, NY
Senior Enterprise Program Manager (Platform)
Disney Streaming Services is creating digital video entertainment products for one of largest media brands in the world, with the mission of providing consumers the ability to access content on any connected device, at any time, in any location. As we continue to use our innovative technology to deliver dynamic direct-to-consumer entertainment for millions of fans across the globe, we are looking for program managers who can operate across the enterprise to ensure on-time, high-quality delivery of products and features that directly drive our business. The Enterprise Program Management team is a centralized group within the Disney Streaming Services technology organization, focusing on enterprise-wide, technical initiatives that directly fulfill Direct-to-Consumer International products such as Disney+, ESPN+, and Star+.
We are searching for a Senior Enterprise Program Manager who can bring experience and enthusiasm to the program execution of products and features that are focused on the platform components that engine all of our Direct-to-Consumer offerings. These services cover Identity, Profiles, Search, Content Discovery, and Data, and encompass a wide range of engineering and product teams. This role requires a combination of passion for digital entertainment and streaming software, with a desire to be a driving force in leading our teams to integrate client platforms and cutting edge services to bring our content to consumers around the world. Additionally, this role will help shape the team as we continue to evolve, grow, and partner with our world-class engineering and product organizations.
Location: This job opening is available for either our San Francisco or New York locations
• Lead multiple product and engineering teams in a cross-matrixed organization, to deliver complex, high-quality features focused
on our platform, including identity, user, account, consumer profiles, content search and discovery, and data services.
• Utilize existing expertise in delivering consumer facing digital media products, streaming ecosystems, and backend platforms that service a wide range of client platforms, to maintain a clear vision of intra- and inter- team dependencies with upstream and downstream components of our services ecosystem.
• Build strategic and trusted partnerships with services engineering team leads, Technical Project Managers, and operators, as well as with platform product owners, ensuring alignment with dynamic and evolving business needs.
• Apply your expert project management skills to maintain a clear overview of project timelines and progress, with the ability to provide timely updates on project health to a cross-functional audience of technical, business, marketing, legal, and operations stakeholders.
• Perform unbiased risk management by determining root causes, corrective actions, mitigation options and impacts, ultimately providing clear executive level summaries.
• Continuously provide strategic input into the Enterprise Program Management processes, bringing along best practices that can adapt as our streaming organization continues to evolve and grow.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
• 7 years practical experience in technical industry, preferably within digital streaming services
• 5 years experience managing technical programs in a digital media domain, or services supporting streaming products in a distributed environment.
• Program Lifecycle Disciplines: Strong knowledge of the integrated systems lifecycle development utilizing different – and sometimes – multiple development models (e.g., agile, waterfall, hybrid, etc.)
• Proven track record of leading multiple programs across organizations (product, engineering, marketing, legal, operations), and building relationships across such boundaries.
• Very comfortable providing verbal and written executive level summaries, and an outstanding communicator across project team members and stakeholders at all levels.
• Demonstrated ability to effectively plan, lead, and document outcomes of meetings that will guide discussions between cross-functional product and engineering teams.
• Comfortable with changing specifications and standards, and leading the team to deliver through ambiguity.
• Excellent project management skills, combined with a strong business judgement, and the ability to break down program blockers and influence team members towards negotiation and resolution.
• Demonstrated experience using Jira and project or product management tools.
• Distinctive analytical, problem-solving, and organizational skills.
• Strong account management, client service, and/or management consulting experience helpful.
• Working knowledge of media streaming technology workflows, video/audio formats and delivery mechanisms.
• Ability to communicate to resources within the media streaming engineering, delivery and operations teams on a technical level.
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ and Disney+.