Santa Monica, CA
Primary Location: Santa Monica
Alternate Locations: Seattle and NYC
There is a new Data Platforms team within Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) that is focused on building a culture around drive, passion, and innovation for using data to advance the Walt Disney Company business and its products for consumers. The team works with data from many of the company's business segments and streaming services including Disney+, Hulu, and ESPN+.
At DMED, data is imperative to measuring all aspects of the business, and critical to its operations and growth. The data engineering team is responsible for collecting, analyzing and distributing data using public cloud and open-source technologies and offering transparency into customer behavior and business performance.
Our data team is seeking a passionate Senior Software Developer in Test who will be an outstanding addition to our Quality Team. As a Senior Software Developer focused on test automation, you will help validate our next-generation data analytics platform utilizing the most advanced data technologies. You should be willing to go to the depths to tackle complex problems and have the curiosity to explore and learn new technologies for innovative solutions.
Are you someone who enjoys answering difficult data questions, passionate about near real time data processing and enjoys the play hard/work hard environment? If so, then this is a great role for you!
• Participate in the full lifecycle of software development and provide quality throughout the process (requirements gathering, test design, test execution, maintenance, and support)
• Drive and maintain a culture of quality and innovation
• Own the quality of every release into production with a data-driven approach
• Build automated and reusable tests for data components to improve quality and development velocity
• Diagnose issues, report defects, and propose regression tests to catch recurring bugs
• Work with other teams, evangelize the test platform, best-practices, data driven decisions, identify new use cases and features and drive adoption
• Coach Test Engineers best practices and technical concepts of validating large scale data platforms
• 5 - 7 years' experience in Data Quality as SDET or SDE validating ETL pipelines and Data Warehouses
• Strong programming (Scala/Java) and scripting skills (Python)
• Experience with automation frameworks such as JUnit/TestNG or similar tools
• 3-5 years' experience working with cloud-based data solutions (AWS, GCP, Azure) and familiar with tools such as CloudFormation, Kinesis, ECS, S3 (or equivalent)
• 3-5 years' experience working with big-data solutions using technologies like Databricks, EMR, and Spark, Airflow, Hive, Snowflake.
• Expert SQL knowledge
• Experience with streaming data pipelines using tools such as Kinesis, Kafka, Spark, Storm, or Flink
• In-depth understanding of data partitioning
• Experience loading and querying cloud-hosted databases such as Redshift and Snowflake for test purposes
• Experience with RDBMS, key/value stores, distributed database solutions
• Experience in working with large datasets (Terabytes or more)
• Excellent communication skills and ability to interact with all levels of end users and technical resources
• Previous experience taking ownership of validating features/functionality and certifying projects end-to-end with high quality.
• BS or MS in Computer Science or a related degree
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-re8z18-3-233-219-62-42 in your application.
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ and Disney+.