The Production Assistant will be expected to provide a high level of production and administrative support for Disney's self-produced shows.
The Opportunity an d Responsibilities
• Assist in securing audition and rehearsal space for new/existing productions in a timely
• fashion and within budget.
• Liaise with Casting Director and arrange open calls and auditions as required. Managing audition logistics - audition space/pianists/SM's.
• Accurate logging and update on offers.
• Draft, arrange and distribute contracts for cast, crew and orchestra and track full execution of these agreements.
• Creatives/Associates show watch scheduling (re-cast).
Children – Casting and Welfare
• Liaise with Children's Casting Director/Organizer.
• Draft cast offers and contracts for all children.
• Manage admin for children with each Head Chaperone.
• Regular contact with the children backstage and check-ins with them/chaperone team.
• Close collaboration with tour children's administrator for all children's
• Travel and accommodation for children on tour and as required for London productions.
• Creation of children's performances schedules and distribution of same to
• parents/creatives/tech teams and theatre staff as required.
• Chaperone licence not mandatory but valuable for emergencies.
• Administrative support for all members of the Production Department.
• Help maintain effective filing systems and other systems for the Disney Production Office.
• Organise and minute regular production meetings and other meetings as required.
• Manage the Company HR, Right to Work, and Immigration records and ensure they are up to date.
• Oversee and update the internal show schedule calendar.
• IT support liaison between Production Office, Show Crew and Disney IT.
• Produce and distribute schedules, employee starter forms and welcome packs for all new production cast, musicians, and staff Maintain and distribute a UK One Liner of key dates and events on all productions.
• Attend and minute appraisal, disciplinary, and grievance meetings as required.
Travel and Accommodation
• Manage and execute travel itineraries, accommodation and travel for all cast, creative and production staff in the UK and Internationally.
• Work closely with US contacts – book all travels for visiting creatives and VIPs.
• Book majority of travel for crew load in/load outs on the tour (with technical assistant).
• Book majority of travel and hotels for the children on tour.
• Compile and send out travel itineraries.
Production Specific Administration
• Obtain programme biographies and photos from creative team and cast members and liaise with Marketing Dept on the creation of the programme.
• Respond to patron complaints and special requests and track progress of same.
• Produce and distribute schedules, employee starter forms and welcome/touring packs.
• Produce and distribute script and scores with Stage Management and Production Supervisors.
• Liaise with venue(s) for external events/scheduling if required.
• Work with legal team on drafting of vendor, associate, freelancer, and creative agreements.
• Assist production team on the set up and running of any workshops for potential new titles.
Marketing and Events
• Aid with all live, promotional, educational, charitable events, launches and any press activity. Attend as required.
The Experience We Require From You
• Previous experience in a busy administrative role
• Experience of supporting a team, including travel and diary management
• Theatre experience
• Ability to work to tight deadlines in a fast and dynamic environment.
• Attention to detail with an organized approach.
• Strong team player, dealing with staff at all levels in a calm and professional manner
• MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook
• Normal working hours apply but out of hours work will be expected as necessary and can also include evenings and weekends.
• This is a 6-month FTC
This position is with The Walt Disney Company Limited, which is part of a business we call The Walt Disney Company (EMEA).
The Walt Disney Company Limited is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gpo8jx-18-206-48-243-42 in your application.