Post Production Media Systems Engineer (audio)
Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) is seeking an experienced Audio Support Engineer, who will work closely with FX Network's award-winning Marketing team and DMED Content Operations - Creative Services supporting the FX Networks. These teams utilize industry standard post-production tools to generate and complete FX's programming and promos in a fast turn television broadcast environment. The Engineer must have excellent communication skills and be able to consult, train, knowledge share, interact, and develop relationships with artists, creative directors, and management.
Responsibilities and Duties of the Role:
• High-level front-line technical support for all post-production facilities.
• Research, diagnose, troubleshoot and identify solutions to resolve customer issues.
• Follow standard procedures for proper escalation of unresolved issues to the appropriate internal teams
• Assess, troubleshoot, and resolve user issues and failures.
• Perform system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems, and key processes, reviewing system and application logs.
• Orchestrate workstation management, imaging, and configuration using JAMF and Altiris.
• Document knowledge in the form of knowledge base tech notes and articles
• Expertise in Avid Pro Tools, S6 consoles, Nexis storage and signal routing.
• Knowledgeable in storage systems, including Quantum, Isilon and Avid.
• Understanding post-production workflows including Editing, Audio Mixing, VFX, Motion Graphics, and Print.
• Strong analytical problem-solving skills.
• Skilled in macOS, Windows, and Linux operating system.
• Effectively document problems and their resolutions
• Work with the team to plan and implement upgrades for all Post-Production systems
• Knowledge and experience with reading technical drawings and documentation.
• Knowledge of room acoustical layout for stereo and 5.1 mixing, speaker SPL calibration and room tuning.
• Can quickly prioritize decisions when given incomplete or conflicting information.
• Highly self-directed; able to manage and (re)prioritize multiple concurrent and competing challenges and issues.
• Great communication and interpersonal skills; you take pride in being able to deliver customer satisfaction
• At least 4 years of work experience in the Audio industry as an engineer.
• Candidates who seek employment with WDT must be available to work any shift in a 24/7 facility.
This role is covered by the NABET-CWA-ABC MASTER AGREEMENT
The pay rate for this role in California is $55.18 per hour. Select benefits may be provided as part of the compensation package, such as medical, financial, and/or other benefits. To learn more about our benefits visit: https://jobs.disneycareers.com/benefits.
About Disney Direct to Consumer:
Disney's Direct to Consumer team oversees the Hulu and Disney+ streaming businesses within Disney Entertainment helping to bring The Walt Disney Company's best-in-class storytelling to fans and families everywhere.
This position is with 21st Century Fox America, Inc PAY SVC, which is part of a business we call Disney Direct to Consumer.
21st Century Fox America, Inc PAY SVC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rb90ee-3-235-60-197-42 in your application.