The Walt Disney Company is a world-class entertainment and technology leader. Walt's passion was to continuously envision new ways to move audiences around the world-a passion that remains our touchstone in an enterprise that stretches from: animation, theme parks, resorts and a cruise line to sports, news, movies and a variety of other businesses. Uniting each endeavor is a commitment to creating and delivering unforgettable experiences - and we're constantly looking for new ways to enhance these exciting experiences. Part of the Disney Branded Television Group, Disney Television Animation is a high capacity digital animation television production studio. Because of Disney Television Animation's strong use of commercial and custom software technologies to create its animation products, its use of technology, engineering, development techniques and software is critical to its production operations and workflows.
We're looking for an intellectually curious, business-savvy, analytical powerhouse to join the Disney Television Animation Technology team as a Media Engineer (ME). In this role, you will be responsible for developing and supporting solutions across the various Disney Television Animation: Productions and Development
Disney Television Animation's production pipeline is comprised of high end digital and post production computer-based Audio/Video tools and solutions, we call this our media engineering environment. The Media Engineer (ME) is responsible for maintaining operational excellence of our media engineering environment.
The Media Engineer position:
• Researches and Designs Professional Audio/Video production solutions
• Creates schematics and diagrams to support: projects, workflows, Audio/Video routing and solution designs.
• Directly supports and/or coordinates contracted maintenance/support for all production Media Technology / Audio/Video equipment including:
• High speed, high definition Digital Disk Recorders
• Scientifically accurate reference light and color measurement equipment
• Professional and Broadcast grade video displays
• Mobile Audio/Video Utility carts
• Digital Viewing, Screening, Recording and Mix Rooms
• Digital Mastering Lab
• Non-linear Audio/Video editing systems based on:
• Avid Media Composer, Avid ISIS Media Server and Avid Interplay
• Avid Pro Tools
• Adobe Premiere
• Lighting configurations for color critical locations
• Functionality for Conference room and Production Bullpen locations to support creative needs of production crews: pitch session and core animation production Audio/Video requirement needs
• Photo epileptic analytic screening systems
• Production Video Conferencing equipment to support 30fps and interactivity with partnering studios
• IP and non-IP based Video Network and signal routing Systems (example: HD-SDI over fiber)
• Legacy Video Tape Recorders
• Miscellaneous Audio/Video production equipment
• Maintain Audio/Video inventory locations per department policy.
• Assists (from a media perspective) researching, updating and maintaining our color calibration standards that are used in our color corrected production environment and in the creation, QA and mastering of our production projects.
• Performs color calibration processes on production equipment to ensure color accuracy.
• Performs new technology solution and product evaluation research as needed to keep media engineering environment modernized and in line with industry standards.
• Oversees live event A/V operations, recording and streaming.
• Assists in production of internal artistic communication content.
• Manages Audio/Video repair and maintenance vendors.
• Produces reports as needed
• Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline.
• 5 to 8 years of experience working with Apple OSX or Microsoft Windows based computers systems in a production environment.
• 5 to 8 years of experience working with computer graphics / media applications.
• 5 to 8 years of experience working with Audio/Video editing, composing and production applications.
• 5 to 8 years in supporting computer based Audio/Video production workflows.
• Crestron, AMX, or equivalent Audio/Video control system programming, touch panel design, and developer skills a plus.
• Experienced with analog and digital audio and video interconnecting standards.
• Experienced with audio and video codecs, compression and file format standards.
• Able to communicate technical information effectively – both written and verbally.
• Ability to work in a fast pace, production critical team environment.
• Must have a strong customer service orientation and have the ability to work with a diverse user community.
• Must be efficient, well organized, detailed oriented and have good follow through skills.
• Ability to work on multiple open items simultaneously.
• Bachelors Degree in a technical discipline
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r195zv-3-238-136-36-42 in your application.