Disney Music Group (DMG) is the music hub for TWDC, encompassing all aspects of music commercialization and marketing: recorded music (Walt Disney Records and Hollywood Records), Disney Music Publishing, and Disney Concerts. DMG distributes music both physically and digitally, and also licenses music throughout the world in various forms of media including television, print, gaming, and consumer products.
The role of Marketing Coordinator, for the Disney Music Group will be part of the Disney Branded Entertainment marketing team which is responsible for music product releases across multiple divisions of the company including Disney Animation Studios, Pixar, Disney Junior, Disney Television Animation, Muppets, Disney on Broadway, Disney Concerts, Disney+, Lucasfilm, Marvel, and Disney Channel. In addition, the team oversees marketing responsibilities for Disney Concerts, Disney Music Emporium, Playlist marketing, catalog and special project initiatives. The position will report to the Vice President of Marketing, Branded Entertainment and will be responsible for the following key functions – acting as department coordinator for executing marketing campaigns, assisting on product development activities, supporting promotional and new business opportunities for film, series and shows soundtracks as well as catalog management and live-event marketing.
• Handle invoicing, payment vendor and set-up in SAP finance system
• Support on all aspects of product releases including campaign planning, execution as well as product development
• Handle all eGratis orders on behalf of the department
• Assist with creative development and securing assets for all marketing materials – packaging, advertising, promotional, video, etc.
• Manage relationship with MOOD music
• Coordinate pertinent info distribution to DMG staff, so division is up-to-speed on the latest marketing and promotion initiatives for assigned projects.
• Minimal admin support to the VP of Branded Entertainment – scheduling and setting up calls, travel arrangements, etc.
• Assists in the preparation of presentations, documents and materials for internal meetings.
• Assist managers on Live-action, Animation, Synergy, Playlisting, DME.com, and Partnership Marketing teams
• Maintain asset management files, product release calendar and content documents.
• Position plays a critical role in supporting the overall day-to-day administrative dept. needs – coordinatin g key meetings/ schedules, processing invoices, maintaining priority planning documents, as well as deliverables across titles along with being an active member in all market
• 1+ years of relevant marketing experience
• Exceptional work ethic demonstrating flexibility and a professional approach at all times. Possess a can-do attitude with strong initiative.
• Ability to manage high-volume workload
• Highly organized and detailed oriented
• Strong interest in digital, social media, streaming and new media promotions
• Stellar interpersonal skills; internal and external relationships are crucial
• Strong writing and communication skills
• Analytical skills - comfortable obtaining and interpreting data
• Intermediate/advanced knowledge of Keynote/PowerPoint, Excel, and Word
• Bachelor's degree preferred
The hiring range for this position in California is $56,000 to $64,130 per year based on a 40 hour work week. The amount of hours scheduled per week may vary based on business needs. The base pay actually offered will take into account internal equity and also may vary depending on the candidate's geographic region, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience among other factors. A bonus and/or long-term incentive units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to the full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered.
About Disney Music Group:
The music is the soundtrack of our lives – from your favorite hits by popular artists to beloved tunes from films like Mary Poppins and Frozen. Find the music that rocks your world right here at the Disney Music Group (DMG), headquartered in Burbank and home to Hollywood Records, Walt Disney Records, Disney Music Publishing and Disney Concerts. DMG releases film and television soundtracks from the world's biggest entertainment brands, including Disney, Pixar, Marvel, the legendary Star Wars, ABC and Disney Channel, alongside pop, dance, family music and the catalog of classic rock band Queen. DMG is also an innovator in music distribution and live concerts. If music is your passion, come be a part of the team that brings it to ears all over the world.
This position is with Hollywood Records, Inc, which is part of a business we call Disney Music Group.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gxjjwz-3-239-9-151-42 in your application.