At Disney, we are storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
The Walt Disney Company's Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) is a new, global business segment for The Walt Disney Company with the mission of providing consumers around the world access to the content they want most, on the latest platforms, at a time of rapidly-evolving consumer habits. Combining the Company's direct-to-consumer streaming services – ESPN+, the Disney+ streaming service and its ownership stake in Hulu -- alongside Disney's international media businesses, DMED aligns cutting-edge technology with world-class content and beloved brands to expand the Company's global footprint and deliver highly-personalized entertainment experiences to diverse consumers around the world.
The Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP) will support the technology organization of our Streaming Services. This exciting role collaborates with HR and business leaders to achieve the people objectives of the technology business. The ideal candidate will possess a combination of strong business acumen on the goals of the technology business and have strong consulting skills using human resources and Organization Development expertise. As a forward-looking business partner, the HRBP will proactively assess business performance to identify gaps and initiate client and HR partnerships to develop HR solutions always considering the culture of the organization. A strong collaborator, the HRBP will work closely with HR and functional partners to deliver solutions and change management plans that provide sustainable benefits for a best in class streaming service. The HRBP will also partner to act as an advisor to business leaders regarding HR policies, employee development, hiring strategy and processes (.e.g., merit and promotion planning, performance management and talent planning) in order to optimize employee productivity and engagement.
• Proactively support and partner to develop organizational and employee effectiveness solutions working closely with HR and functional partners to deliver innovative solutions and change management plans
• Provides day-to-day support and counsel on matters relating to employee relations, including performance improvement (disciplinary process), HR compliance, and government regulations
• Establishes and keeps strong, positive, consultative relationships by working closely with business leaders and other HR centers of excellence – Compensation, TA, Benefits, ER / Legal counsel
• Works closely with the Senior Manager, Human Resources on driving organizational development, talent management strategies and maintain efficiency through the delivery of change management activities as well as the effective roll-out and improvement of some HR initiatives
• Possess 5-7 years of human resources experience
• Undergraduate Degree in related field
• Strong consultative skills and ability to influence
• Ability to think strategically and navigate complex matrix environments
• Credible, proactive and trusted thought-partner who has built relationships and delivered results
• Ability to thrive within ambiguity and drive complex projects
• Resiliency in working in the ''grey'' and flexible
• Practical, proactive and action-oriented mind-set
• Team player who quickly builds trust with business leaders as well as other HR partners
• Ability to manage simultaneous priorities and offer creative solutions
• Basic knowledge of employment and labor laws required
• Experience with partnering with labor relations a plus
• Master's Degree with emphasis in HR Management, Organization Development, Business or related field
• Expertise in providing support to engineering and technology client groups
About Disney Streaming:
Comprised of the Company's international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Services LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming.
Disney Streaming Services LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r7kpp6-3-81-89-248-42 in your application.