The Walt Disney Company's Disney Entertainment (DE) group includes the company's full portfolio of entertainment media and content business globally, including streaming (Disney+, Hulu, ESPN+, Star+, and Disney+ Hotstar).
The AD Sales Finance team is seeking a Finance Manager to provide ad sales finance support across the linear Cable TV networks. The role will work closely with Disney's Ad Sales Revenue and Yield Management teams, and will also partner with the respective Programming/Content and Research teams, to prepare strategic financial plans for key forecast periods (annual budget, long-range plan, and quarterly forecasts) for the Linear Cable Ad Sales line of business. They will supervise recurring results including Ad Sales Pacing, Rate/Volume analysis metric drivers, and Forecast/Plan modeling.
The Manager will own the financial planning process and build strategic analyses to support decision-making for the FX and National Geographic cable nets. The role will require the ability to lead multiple projects and collaborate with team members across the company and lead a Sr. Financial Analyst. The ideal candidate will be able to easily navigate and clearly communicate between the Ad Sales organization and the Finance organization. A strong analytical and systems reporting background is vital as the role relies heavily on a key understanding and working knowledge of the department's sales reporting systems and general ledger systems.
Responsibilities and Duties of the Role:
• Assist and support the month close and quarter end reporting, forecasts, budgets, and strategic plans, as well as reports explaining variances between actual results and financial projections for all components of Linear Cable Ad Sales revenue.
• Drive development of new financial models related to ad sales forecasting and planning
• Lead all aspects of ad liability stewardship of Cable networks assigned including all cross-network activity. Partner with RYM team to ensure maximum effective use of inventory for leading liability balances
• Provide insight through analysis and observation of any risks or opportunities to the businesses over the course of the year.
• Provide weekly reports of booked and working ad sales to management inclusive of revenue and key ad sales metrics
Required Education, Experience/Skills/Training:
• Proven experience working closely with information systems and/or strong ability to quickly learn new information systems (Sales Traffic and Planning systems, G/L).
• Strong analytical skills and the ability to communicate clearly micro details into a broader summary for different levels of management
• Sophisticated Excel abilities (Nested statements, pivot tables, charting, combining functions like Index, Match, Offset and Indirect)
• Acute attention to detail and accuracy with the skills for troubleshooting data discrepancies
• Minimum of 5-7 years in a corporate finance / business analytics role. Ad Sales experience is a plus, not required.
• Bachelor's degree in Science or Finance
• Master's degree in a quantitative field preferred – Physics, Math Economics, Business Administration
The hiring range for this position in New York, NY is $126,000.00-$157,400.00 per year based on a 40 hour work week. The amount of hours scheduled per week may vary based on business needs. The base pay actually offered will take into account internal equity and also may vary depending on the candidate's geographic region, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience among other factors. A bonus and/or long-term incentive units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to the full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered.
About Disney Entertainment:
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company's powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you'll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
This position is with Disney Advertising Sales, LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Entertainment.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gxjm4o-100-26-196-222-42 in your application.