ABC News is seeking strong candidates for the role of Live Stream Operator. As part of their duties, this role is responsible for live switching our 24/7 live streaming channel, ''ABC News Live.'' This position uses a TriCaster production switcher to strategically build and use a wide variety of macros that pull together mixed effects which make up various ''looks'' for ''ABC News Live.'' This role is also responsible for pre-producing all live events coming in-house to ABC News HQ for ''ABC News Live.'' These live events are then re-purposed and published as raw streams on ABC News platforms, apps and social media sites!
In addition to these responsibilities, this role encompasses the use of playout software such as Grass Valley Morpheus, and graphics/rundown programs such as Ross Xpression and Avid iNews, to build a taped and live event schedule, with graphics, for flawless linear playout!
Furthermore, this role interacts directly with multiple control rooms to take over or hand off control of ''ABC News Live'' at various times throughout the day. Lastly, this role is responsible for master control distribution of ''ABC News Live'' and is first line of defense to troubleshoot and tackle any technical issues that affect the channel's air-path.
What You Will Do
• The candidate should have strong experience in a newsroom/control-room environments, have an understanding of current events.
• Be able to balance multiple breaking news stories at once and have a sophisticated understanding of all facets of live video production.
• Have a strong understanding of minute-by-minute nature of live breaking news.
• Be able to prepare for multiple possible scenarios/plans and react immediately to unexpected technical or editorial occurrences that derail those plans.
• Develop a strong understanding of the airpath and be able to analyze both up and downstream from any particular technical issue and quickly diagnose and fix any problems that arise within their immediate environment.
Required Qualifications & Skills
• Minimum 2 years' of robust live video production experience.
• Minimum 4 years' experience handling live video for news production.
• Master control and media management experience.
• Bachelor's degree in journalism or a related field from a four-year accredited college or university or equivalent years of experience.
ABC News is America's No. 1 news source, providing straightforward, fact-driven journalism across broadcast, streaming, digital and audio. ABC's award-winning programs include ''Good Morning America,'' ''World News Tonight with David Muir,'' ''Nightline,'' ''20/20,'' ''This Week with George Stephanopoulos,'' ''GMA3: What You Need to Know,'' and ''The View''. Other platforms include ABC News Live, the network's 24/7 streaming channel; ABC News Studios, a premium, narrative nonfiction original production house; ABC News Digital, comprised of a diverse audience of more than 53 million monthly average users; ABC Audio, the premier source for radio news and industry-leading podcasts; FiveThirtyEight, renowned data journalism organization; and NewsOne, the affiliate news service. Based in New York City, ABC News is comprised of three US bureaus and eight international bureaus, with a presence in more than 20 countries around the world.
The hiring range for this position in New York is $59,100- $81,100 per year based on a 40 hour work week. The amount of hours scheduled per week may vary based on business needs. The base pay actually offered will take into account internal equity and also may vary depending on the candidate's geographic region, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience among other factors. A bonus and/or long-term incentive units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to the full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered.
About ABC News:
The Disney Entertainment Television group creates original entertainment and news content for the Company's streaming platforms and its cable and broadcast networks.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business we call ABC News.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gx2pko-18-206-48-243-42 in your application.