The Manager, HR Business Partner contributes to defining and implementing a Human Resource strategy which aligns and integrates with the business's strategy and objectives. This role will support two distinct client groups – ESPN Marketing and Disney Entertainment & ESPN Technology Content Operations. The ideal candidate will have a combination of strong business acumen, Human Resources and Organization Development expertise, and consulting skills.
As a forward-looking business partner, the Manager will serve as a strategic partner to executive business leaders. The Manager will work closely with HR COE teams (e.g., Compensation, Talent Acquisition, Employee Relations) and functional partners (e.g., Finance, Communications) to proactively assess business performance and develop HR solutions that promote organizational and employee effectiveness. The Manager will also serve as an advisor to business leaders regarding HR policies and processes (e.g., merit and promotion planning, performance management, and talent planning) in order to optimize employee engagement and productivity.
• Design and execute strategies to increase organization, team, and individual performance and improve the business's capabilities to deliver against its goals, taking into consideration business priorities, employee insights, and external market factors
• Develop deep understanding of the assigned client groups and their priorities as well as how they fit into the broader organization
• Drive people engagement strategies that foster an environment where all employees are respected and valued
• Develop and drive change management efforts as our businesses continue to evolve
• Leverage workforce analytics and insights to assess human capital needs and potential solutions
• Develop leaders through ongoing coaching and feedback on personal and team performance
• Collaborate with HR functional partners to support functional partner initiatives and integrate their expertise into solutions that enable business objectives
• Act as project manager for assigned HR initiatives and special projects across (e.g., employee survey action planning, performance management, talent planning, compensation planning, career development, and organization design)
• Manage day-to-day HR issues for assigned client groups.
• Serve as a credible partner for employees to voice concerns, ask questions, and request assistance
• Partner with Employee Relations team on employee concerns and investigations
• Work in direct partnership with HRBPs from other areas to ensure a consistent and seamless service
• Develop relationships and partnerships with clients at all levels
• Act as an advisor and mentor to more junior members of the HRBP team
• Minimum 5 years' experience as a HR Business Partner, or equivalent, with specific experience in strategy development, organization design, talent management, and change management preferred
• Demonstrated success in synthesizing complex business data and developing innovative and holistic solutions
• Demonstrated ability to manage complex projects that cut across multiple business units, teams and HR partners from inception through completion
• Ability to maintain a broad view of the business and deliver solutions that balance individual client and overall company needs
• Ability to focus on critical issues to balance and respond to competing priorities
• Strong consulting and influencing skills; ability to think strategically
• Strong facilitation skills applicable across formal and informal (e.g., coaching, mentoring) approaches
• Strong diagnostic, problem solving, and analytical skills
• Exceptional collaboration skills and ability to effectively work across functions and organization
• Ability to create compelling stories leveraging workforce analytics and insights in order to focus leaders on relevant business issues and developing solutions
• Basic knowledge of employment and labor law
• Experience directly supporting clients in an HRBP capacity
• Experience and exposure to a variety of HR facets including organization development, employee relations, talent acquisition, learning & development, and compensation.
• Project management experience
• Experience working in a large, corporate, matrixed environment
• Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field or equivalent work experience
The hiring range for this position in New York, NY is $135,200 to $172,900 per year. The base pay actually offered will take into account internal equity and also may vary depending on the candidate's geographic region, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience among other factors. A bonus and/or long-term incentive units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to the full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r1428x-44-200-101-84-42 in your application.