Overall Purpose of the Role
The role holder will become a trusted advisor on all HR matters to key stakeholders within Disney Entertainment, which includes the Disney+ and TV Network teams. This is a demanding and independent role that will hold responsibility and accountability of key areas within this divisions. They will do this by having a sound knowledge of HR best practise, detailed understanding of Company and employee policy, an ability to navigate our HR and business procedures, and by working closely with the HR Director and HRBPs. They will have sharp attention to detail and be able to deliver on administrative tasks, with the ability to switch tasks, as work levels and volumes change, to support the wider HRBP team. They will be a personable relationship builder with empathy and a genuine passion for our business and its people.
This position is based at our Hammersmith London Head Office 4 days per week.
Areas of Responsibility
• Provide an HR advisory service and administrative support, as second point of contact (after Global HR Operations) to UK employees and managers on all matters relating to the employee lifecycle, from new joiners to retiree's.
• Assist the deliverable of annual HR processes, such as salary and bonus review, talent planning, mentoring scheme, intern enrolment, induction programme etc.
• Own end to end ER cases, including performance improvement plans, disciplinary, grievance, and sickness absence.
• Provide an interface with GHRO on administrative areas such as contracts, letters, employee changes etc.
• Support managers with Headcount Management systems on areas such as repurposing roles, monitoring where roles are needing help to move for approval, and support on use of the system.
• Act as liaison point and build strong relationships with HR Centre's of Excellence; Compensation & Benefits, Learning & Development, Talent Acquisition, GHRO, Organisation Management
• Take full ownership for maintaining and updating organisation structure charts.
• Responsible for maintaining the accuracy of headcount requests, records in SAP and liaison point for the Compensation team.
• Opportunity to provide support to the wider HRBP team on projects and initiatives such as reorganisations, wellbeing, etc.
• Deputise for the HR Business Partner, where appropriate.
Experience and Professional Qualifications Required
• Experience of multi-national, matrix based, media and/or commercial organisations
• Proven generalist HR advisory experience
• CIPD qualified, studying or planning to study
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Excellent communications skills
• Excellent attention to detail
• Ability to remain calm under pressure and to cope with people in emotive situations
• Able to work autonomously
• Able to multi-task and prioritise workloads given by multiple stakeholders
• Able to work with all levels in the organisation
• Culturally sensitive
• Computer literate
• Excited to work in a global organization with stakeholders across the world
• IT savvy across core business applications and remote working tools (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint,
This position is with The Walt Disney Company Limited, which is part of a business we call The Walt Disney Company (EMEA).
The Walt Disney Company Limited is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gpy17e-44-212-94-18-42 in your application.