Editorial Producer (GMA3)
The job entails booking guests for daily news segments and during breaking news coverage, as well as prepping guests for the show, live producing segments in the control room, and pitching and vetting stories thoroughly. In addition, the candidate will be responsible for writing suggested introductions and questions for segments, as well as gathering elements for the rundown.
Candidate will be expected to supervise junior staff.
Candidate may need to work a staggered schedule that will include weekends and late nights, as well as holidays. In addition to long hours, travel may be expected as needed.
Editorial Producers will work to ensure guests reflect the demographics of our target audience and present a wide variety of viewpoints on various subjects. They will also work closely with teams across ABC News, including Good Morning America.
• The ideal candidate will have TV production experience including control room experience, booking, field producing, writing and editing.
• Minimum of five years of experience in a fast-paced news environment or on a similar live broadcast or streaming channel.
• Candidate needs to possess strong editorial judgment along with the ability to communicate clearly, multi-task and prioritize.
• Candidate must be able to take initiative, but also work collaboratively.
• iNews and Avid experience
• Knowledge of shooting on DV cameras, ability to use TVUs, adept at utilizing social media outlets
Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
The hiring range for this position in New York City is $109,300 to $150,000 per year. The base pay actually offered will take into account internal equity and also may vary depending on the candidate's geographic region, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience among other factors. A bonus and/or long-term incentive units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to the full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered.
About ABC News:
The Disney General Entertainment Content group creates original entertainment and news content for the Company's streaming platforms and its cable and broadcast networks.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business we call ABC News.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d83j09-34-239-173-144-42 in your application.