Location: NYC (remote until TBD)
Disney Streaming is a business unit within the Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) segment at The Walt Disney Company, which oversees all consumer-facing digital video subscription services across the company. Disney Streaming is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company's international operations and direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including Disney+, ESPN+, and the upcoming general entertainment international offering Star. Our core mission is to deliver the unparalleled storytelling created by our renowned content partners across The Walt Disney Company to global audiences by giving them the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location.
The Customer Acquisition team is tasked with driving new subscriber growth. The team is responsible for the planning, execution and optimization of user acquisition and performance marketing campaigns. The ideal candidate has a passion for the digital media landscape and understands the intricacies and unique attributes of every step in the marketing funnel. The successful candidate will bring a highly analytical, creative, and flexible growth mindset to the role, which will be critical to delivering breakthrough thinking for this channel.
• Develop and implement digital media strategies to drive global subscriber acquisition, conversion & efficiency
• Successfully apply media strategy and manage robust portfolio within existing digital channels (i.e. display, native, video, audio, etc.), while exploring growth of new channels
• Execute, manage, and optimize media campaigns to meet or exceed strict direct response goals
• Optimize budget across publisher and partner placements to deliver positive return on marketing spend
• Develop and evaluate publisher RFPs while effectively utilizing media research tools and resources to create strong media plan recommendations
• Explore, negotiate, and manage relationships with key strategic publishers and media partners
• Track, monitor, and optimize performance against key KPIs
• Excellent strategic planning skills with the ability to identify, prioritize, and articulate high impact paid media campaigns and initiatives
• Collaborate cross-channel, with larger paid media team, to align on performance trends to ensure holistic team success
• Comfortable working in a fast-paced and dynamic working environment, supporting new products/businesses supported by a proven large-scale media property
• 2+ years paid media & acquisition experience required; media agency experience preferred
• Direct response experience a must
• Working knowledge of Media Buying/Planning tools, Digital 3rd party servers, and verification partners (Prisma, DCM, Innovid, IAS, Kochava, etc.) required
• Hands-on keyboard executional experience in Google's Display & Video 360 and/or Verizon Media DSP preferred
• Data and yield analysis skills (DMP) experience
• Global and international media planning/buying experience preferred, but not required
• Offline channel experience (i.e. digital OOH), a plus
• Ability to strategically assess new opportunities and make data driven decisions resulting in tangible improvements in performance
• Flexibility & ability to work in a fast paced and dynamic environment
• A strong communicator with a can-do, positive attitude and a strong desire to get things done
• Sense of humor and desire to have fun!