The Revenue & Yield Management teams develop and guide the revenue strategy for multiple brands across the Disney Portfolio. The team models, measures, sets, and executes these strategies across various marketplaces and deal types across all digital Disney advertising inventory. The Addressable Pricing & Planning team within Revenue & Yield Management focuses on optimizing digital ad inventory to maximize revenue by adjusting pricing based on supply and demand and by deploying inventory packaging strategies that drive demand and optimal mix. The Addressable Pricing & Planning team collaborates closely with Sales as well as various other functional teams across the Ad Sales organization to ultimately generate ad sales campaign plans that will turn into orders. Pricing & Planning team members are often client facing and have a key impact and responsibility for the advertiser and advertising agency customer experience.
Disney Advertising's Revenue & Yield Management division is seeking a Director to join our dynamic Addressable Pricing & Planning team. This role will lead a pricing & planning function across Disney's collection of brands. As Director, Pricing & Planning, you will play a vital role in developing and executing monetization strategies that optimize the interface between supply & demand; this includes short-term & long-term pricing tactics, Upfront & Scatter partnerships, and inventory maximization strategies across the advertising business.
You will lead, manage, and scale a multi-regional team of Sr Managers, Managers & Sales Planners with accountability for stewarding overall team performance towards departmental revenue targets. This is a highly cross-functional role, which partners with senior leaders across Sales, Inventory Analytics, Account Management, Ad Platform, and Sales Enablement to both drive revenue through pricing and packaging strategies and provide exceptional customer service via automating workflows, creating operational efficiencies, and improving speed-to-market. In parallel, you will maintain strong business relationships with senior Sales and Operations leaders to expand partnerships with key clients, agencies, and industry categories. The right person for this role must be very detail-oriented, a strong communicator, a problem-solver, and is adept at building & maintaining relationships across business divisions. If you are someone who thrives in a results-driven, fun, and fast-paced Sales environment, then this is an excellent role for you.
Responsibilities and Duties of the Role:
• Lead a multi-regional team of Planning Sr Managers, Managers & Sales Planners with responsibility for staffing and developing the team (hiring, mentorship, performance, etc.).
• Develop and execute pricing & packaging strategies in response to supply and demand across owned lines of business; conducting analysis and listening to market feedback to negotiate deals and develop rate cards.
• Manage the business process by creating operational enhancements that improve the speed-to-market, improve customer interaction, increase quality of output, and generate efficiencies across the sales planning process.
• Execute against negotiated terms and rate cards while partnering with Sales team leaders to provide insights and business solutions that fulfill commitments and reach revenue targets for assigned agencies and advertiser categories.
• Advise internal teams on enhancements to key Sales Planning tools (i.e., Salesforce, Operative, etc.) to keep up with the pace of digital business change.
Required Education, Experience/Skills/Training:
• 10+ years working in a digital advertising capacity, with a focus on yield, reporting and analytics preferred
• At least 5 years digital management experience, leading, managing and developing high-performance teams
• Deep expertise working within a national ad sales organization
• Significant media-math/financial acumen, with the ability to be very hands-on in developing tools and processes
• A strong knowledge of online ad products, ad serving capabilities, philosophies, and drawbacks
• Proven ability to work across teams & navigate complex multi-stakeholder environments
• Ability to present complicated concepts and ideas in an easy-to-understand format
• Experience working with Salesforce & Operative1 is a plus
• Experience working at an Agency or within an advertising business focused on advertising agencies is a plus
• Experienced Excel & PowerPoint user
• Proactive and engaging, with a positive approach towards collaboration and problem-solving
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as interpersonal and organizational skills
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, unstructured, and dynamic environment
The hiring range for this position in New York is $183,800.00-$229,600.00 per year, in Chicago is $183,800.00-$229,600.00 per year and in Santa Monica is $183,800.00-$229,600.00 per year. The base pay actually offered will take into account internal equity and also may vary depending on the candidate's geographic region, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience among other factors. A bonus and/or long-term incentive units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to the full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered.
About Disney Advertising:
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company's powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you'll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
This position is with Hulu, LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Advertising.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rj45b0-18-207-160-97-42 in your application.