Senior Data Software Developer in Test
Primary Location: Santa Monica
Alternate Locations: Seattle and NYC
At Disney, data is essential for all our decision-making needs whether it's related to product design, measuring advertising effectiveness, helping users discover new content or building new businesses in emerging markets. This data is deeply valuable and gives us insights into how we can continue improving our service for our users, advertisers and our content partners. Our data team is seeking a passionate Software Developer in Test who will be an outstanding addition to our Quality Team. As a Software Developer focused on test automation at Disney, you will develop scalable testing strategies, and build the tools and tests that improve the efficiency of the team and ensure the health of our product. You will mentor team members on how to contribute towards building and maintaining a robust and state of the art test automation harness. If you are someone who loves to identify and resolve quality issues, and thrives in a collaborative environment, then this is a great role for you!
• Partner with various product and engineering teams to define requirements and ensure testability.
• Build automated and reusable tests for backend components to improve quality and development velocity
• Introduce effective quality methodologies and improve existing test automation
• Diagnose issues, report defects, and propose regression tests to catch recurring bugs
• Mentor QA Engineers on the team to ramp up on automation concepts and contribute towards expanding test coverage
• 4+ years' experience as an SDET or SDE for quality assurance of backend services and ETL pipelines
• Strong programming skills in any one of the modern program languages such as Java, Python, or Scala
• Expert level experience with SQL to validate ETLs
• Strong experience in big data, e.g. Spark, Hadoop, or AWS big data tech stack
• Experience with but not limited to JUnit/TestNG, BDD frameworks such as Cucumber or similar tools
• Integration with CI tools such as Jenkins or Spinnaker
• Experience in Agile or Scrum software development methodologies
• Ability and desire to technically mentor junior team members
• Strong communication and collaboration with product owners and software engineers to produce quality work
• BS or MS in Computer Science or a related degree
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d5k5pe-34-237-52-11-42 in your application.
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ and Disney+.