About the Role & Team
The Coordinator works closely with partners across Disney Entertainment Television (DET) in support of the DET Media Relations team and its function including but not limited to content communications, executive communications, and crisis communications. This individual will also work with peers across the Company to ensure coordination and integration especially within the broader Publicity and Marketing Department. We are seeking a candidate who has a strong attention to detail, can-do attitude, and is highly adaptive.
What You Will Do
Provides project support across the team, including but not limited to:
• Research projects-quickly gathering insightful research on a specific topic or issue.
• Coverage analysis – pulling briefs on coverage of specific event, topic, or issue and providing analysis on traction and key narratives.
• Tracker maintenance – maintaining trackers for the executive communications and content communications team.
• Media monitoring – providing as it happens monitoring of a topic or issue in press and social media.
• Proofreading materials – provide proofreading for team members on written materials.
Develop and manage relationships with cross-functional teams and across the entire Disney Enterprise.
Manage the office of DET's VP of Media Relations. Sample responsibilities include:
• Manage the Vice President's calendar and prepare Travel & Expenses
• Keep the Vice President abreast of trends and new developments in the news space by reading industry publications, monitoring social media, and tracking competitor's initiatives.
• Act as the point of contact among other senior executives, employees, clients and external partners.
Required Qualifications & Skills
• 2+ years in Communication/Publicity with an understanding of the entertainment press, trends, and social media
• Excellent project management and organization skills
• Proficiency in analytics and data interpretation
• Detail oriented with strong ability in written and verbal communication
• Exceptional skills with Microsoft Suite Excel, Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Keynote
• ONE TEAM attitude with the ability and desire to interact with people at all management levels
• Superb work ethic and positive, can-do attitude
• A love for television and film and desire to change the status quo
• Exceptional communication skills and a true cross-functional collaborator
• Professional acumen and demeanor
• Team player attitude, looks for ways to fix problems and excels at completing complicated assignments
• Assertive in proactively managing calendars and processes. Adaptability in creating order amidst the dynamic fast paced environment
• Must be a self-starter and a multi-task oriented individual with strong organizational skills and have a strong ability for independent work
The hiring range for this position in Burbank, CA is $52,400.00-$70,200.00 per year based on a 40 hour work week. The amount of hours scheduled per week may vary based on business needs. The base pay actually offered will take into account internal equity and also may vary depending on the candidate's geographic region, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience among other factors. A bonus and/or long-term incentive units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to the full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered.
About Disney Entertainment Television:
Disney Entertainment Television is a collection of renowned content brands at The Walt Disney Company creating original entertainment and news programming for the company's streaming platforms Disney+, Hulu and Star, and its broadcast and cable networks. Its extensive portfolio is comprised of ABC Entertainment, ABC News, ABC Owned Television Stations, Disney Branded Television, Freeform, FX, Hulu Originals, National Geographic Content and Onyx Collective, in addition to Disney Television Studios, which include 20th Television, 20th Television Animation, ABC Signature and Walt Disney Television Alternative. Responsible for over 4,500 hours of programming a year across more than 300 programs of all genres, Disney Entertainment Television's creative brands are at the forefront of groundbreaking storytelling, captivating audiences and generating critical acclaim. In 2023, Disney Entertainment Television's programming excellence earned 163 Emmy® nominations across daytime, primetime, news & documentary, and children's & family categories.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business we call Disney Entertainment Television.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d2bbp7-100-26-196-222-42 in your application.