Contract and Ops Manager (ABC News)
ABC News is America's No. 1 news source, providing straightforward, fact-driven journalism across broadcast, streaming, digital and audio. ABC's award-winning programs include ''Good Morning America,'' ''World News Tonight with David Muir,'' ''Nightline,'' ''20/20,'' ''This Week with George Stephanopoulos,'' ''GMA3: What You Need to Know,'' ''The View'' and ''Tamron Hall.'' Other platforms include ABC News Live, the network's 24/7 streaming channel; ABC News Studios, a premium, narrative nonfiction original production house; ABC News Digital, comprised of a diverse audience of more than 53 million monthly average users; ABC Audio, the premier source for radio news and industry-leading podcasts; FiveThirtyEight, renowned data journalism organization; and NewsOne, the affiliate news service. Based in New York City, ABC News is comprised of three US bureaus and eight international bureaus, with a presence in more than 20 countries around the world.
• Responsible for the tracking of all News Talent contracts inclusive of new hires, renewals, amendments, change of positions, and expirations
• Provide expertise and advise key stakeholders regarding Talent contract interpretation
• Develop and manage a process that ensures all relevant stakeholders and systems are updated to reflect each contract in collaboration with all relevant parties, including Business Affairs, Talent Strategy & Development, HR Business Partners (HRBPs) & Org Management
• Develop a process to manage separations or moving Talent to at-will status and ensure all relevant system updates are implemented with the updated information
• In partnership with Org Management, work with Payroll to research and address inquiries from Business Affairs, HRBPs and employees
• Partner with Org Management, HRBPs and Talent Acquisition to ensure contract positions are set up with the correct attributes
• Deep knowledge of contracts and contract interpretation
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to collaborate across multiple teams and forge strong working relationships
• Work with a high level of accuracy, attention to detail and ability to demonstrate strong organization skills
• Ability to synthesize complexity to develop a process or solutions that are efficient and effective
• Strong critical thinking and data analysis skillset
• Bachelors degree or equivalent experience
• Paralegal certificate preferred
The hiring range for this position in New York is $77,100.00 to $103,400.00 per year. The base pay actually offered will take into account internal equity and also may vary depending on the candidate's geographic region, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience among other factors. A bonus and/or long-term incentive units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to the full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered.
About ABC News:
The Disney Entertainment Television group creates original entertainment and news content for the Company's streaming platforms and its cable and broadcast networks.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business we call ABC News.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gpyw74-44-197-101-251-42 in your application.