Community Engagement Manager
Remote / Virtual
About the Role:
We serve high quality content to millions of customers across millions of devices, all of which are constantly evolving and changing. This role is crucial to drive advertisement sales revenue and market share of channels by engaging with advertisers and media agencies across Singapore market.
With STAR's content finding high affinity with International audiences, a bouquet of Channels – namely, Star Plus, Star Gold, Star Bharat, Vijay TV, Asianet and Star Maa was launched for the ethnic audience of South East Asia almost 15 years ago. Your key focus will lie in driving deeper consumer and customer connect for these Channels. In addition, you will also drive initiatives, events and integrations to strengthen the brand presence and drive advertising sales.
• Driving advertisement sales revenue and market share of channels by engaging with advertisers and media agencies
• Develop high-quality proposals, lead pitches, and deliver high level of client servicing resulting in expansion of company's customer base and ensure ''top of mind'' recall for the brand
• Conceptualize events that resonate with the audience and bring in sponsorship sales
• Maximise individual sales revenue while providing accurate and timely forecasts
• AOP revenue and OI targets
• Execution of branded and sponsored content initiatives
• Key account development
• Minimum 4-5 years of ad sales experience in Television/Radio/Print and events in the local market
• Experience in Digital sales would be preferred
• Proficiency in Tamil to better understand the content and communicate with local advertisers
• Clear demonstration of strong ad sales and brand solutions experience
• Strong campaign management and quantitative analytical skills
• Personal Attributes:
• Eye for detail and ability to meet deadlines.
• Resourceful, collaborative and self-driven
• Able to adapt to a dynamic and fast paced internal and external environment
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
• Ability to drive and achieve clear, pre-defined objectives
• Strong on ideation and problem-solving attitude through leveraging available resources
• Adept at MS Office tools such as PowerPoint, Excel and Word with strong public speaking or presentation skills
About Disney Star:
Star India has defined the Indian media landscape for more than 30 years, and is the country's leading media conglomerate, reaching more than 750 million viewers a month on TV across India and over 100 other countries.
Disney Star's channel portfolio cuts across general entertainment, films, sports, infotainment, kids, and lifestyle content across eight languages. The network generates over 20,000 hours of content every year and broadcasts 70+ channels, reaching 9 out of 10 C&S TV homes in India.
The Star Sports network is the leading sports network with 14+ channels in its bouquet. It is home to a number of leading domestic and international sports and is making quantum leaps in transforming sports in the country, helping India become a multi-sporting nation.
Disney+ Hotstar India's largest premium streaming platform has changed the way Indians watch their entertainment - from their favourite TV shows and movies to sporting extravaganzas. With the widest range of content in India, Disney+ Hotstar offers more than 100,000 hours of TV shows and movies in eight languages, and coverage of every major global sporting event, including the IPL.
The company is present in the Indian movie production and distribution space through Star Studios. Star Studios is responsible for the marketing and distribution of its Hollywood slate in the country.
The Walt Disney Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We strive to be a diverse workforce that is representative of our audiences, and where all can thrive and belong. We are committed to building a team that includes and respects a variety of voices, identities, backgrounds, experiences and perspectives.
We are taking a responsible approach to creating environments that allow us to do what we do best – entertain and inform millions around the world. As part of our commitment to health and safety, COVID-19 vaccines are required for all newly hired employees in Singapore.
This position is with Star Vijay SG Pte. Ltd, which is part of a business we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r755mk-3-235-60-197-42 in your application.
The Walt Disney Company Media Networks segment includes cable and broadcast television networks, television production and distribution operations, publishing, domestic television stations, digital businesses and radio networks and stations.