Disney Streaming Services is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join the Disney+ ADK Partner Integration Software Engineering Team in Amsterdam. You'll be part of a highly collaborative global team exploring the latest connected and set-top box (STB) devices on the market.
We're searching for a passionate engineer who's proficient at C/C++ in a set-top-box (STB) and/or embedded systems world and also has experience writing cross platform code, porting applications and runtimes across multiple hardware platforms.
What you'll do:
• Be a critical member of a team of engineers responsible for porting our next generation platform and apps for embedded and set-top box devices.
• Supporting development activities and tooling requirements
• Work with hardware manufacturing partners to vet and optimize new hardware.
• Work with network operator partners to assist them in porting our work to their hardware.
• Maintain a strong understanding of our native client platform (written in C/C++) to identify, research and address issues as they arise.
• Support efforts and use cases related to DRM, A/V playback, performance, toolchains, middleware (MW) and/or OS, driver level decoding and decryption, etc.
• Collaborate with client application development teams, services engineering teams and product to help understand and explain device limitations and requirements.
• Around 5+ years of C/C++ experience on embedded systems and/or writing portable multi-platform code.
• Understanding of various chip architectures and what features they support
• Experience using build runners / compilation tools for multi-platform projects
• Experience mentoring junior level team members.
• Customer support and troubleshooting experience
• Familiarity with multiple operating systems, with one of them being Linux or Linux like
• Exposure to use of set-top-box or similar embedded devices
• When global conditions permit, some travel, including international travel, may be required.
Bonus points if:
• Familiarity with set-top box and/or embedded device development such as system-on-chips (SoCs) from manufacturers like Broadcom, MediaTek, SigmaTel, etc.
• Cross-platform application programming interface for rendering 2D and 3D vector graphics such as OpenGL/EGL
• Window management solutions both custom and open such as X11, Wayland, etc.
• Cross device/distribution dependency management
• Audio/Video pipeline management using technologies such as GStreamer
• Large code base exposure such as Webkit, WPE, Chromium, Cobalt
• Familiarity with multiple embedded operating systems and with toolchains and cross-compiler use
Our toolset also includes:
• Multiple IDE use exposure, i.e. Visual Studio, Eclipse, etc.
• Confluence, JIRA
• Docker, AWS
• Linux / Windows / Mac
• GCC toolchains, Gdb and/or other debuggers
• Jenkins and other automation related tooling
This position is with The Capitals B.V., which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming Services.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g6bw80-18-234-244-170-42 in your application.
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ and Disney+.