Senior Embedded Software Engineer
The Web Software Engineering Team at Disney Streaming Services (DSS) is an international team with offices in New York, San Francisco, and the Netherlands. We are responsible for building and maintaining the web applications for Disney+, ESPN+, NHL and more for over 80 million subscribers worldwide!
We are looking for a talented Full Stack engineer to join our Data Visualization team based in Amsterdam. We are a team that creates large-scale, highly-performant web applications for Disney+ and more. This team transforms large, complex datasets into fast and responsive user interfaces used by stakeholders across all aspects of our streaming business.
What you'll do:
• • Convert complex datasets into usable metrics via GraphQL / Hasura
• Work on a modern stack including React, NodeJS, Amazon Web Services
• Enforce code quality by writing tests
• • Distill product requirements into design and technical specifications
• Collaborate closely with other engineering, product, and media teams to define product requirements
• • 3+ years experience building web applications.
• Experience with GraphQL in a NodeJS application development environment.
• • Proven ability to integrate with service APIs and/or SDKs
• Experience with streaming video, e-commerce, large data applications and analytics suites
• Exposure to Data Visualization Libraries such as Chart.js
• Hands on experience with React/Redux in a production application
• Experience with Webpack
• Working in a Docker development environment
This position is with The Capitals B.V., which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming Services.
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ and Disney+.