TV Animation Post Production Assistant
We are seeking a proactive, strategic Title Planning Manager who will be part of the Disney+ Global Content Operations team in Glendale, CA, reporting to the Sr. Manager, Content Operations, Title Planning - Originals. You will be responsible for lifecycle planning and project management for both domestic and local Disney+ originals launching on the platform. This includes working directly with our Production, Post-Production, and Content Creative teams to source title-level information and content delivery schedules that will enable us to plan when and how a title will launch on the platform.
You will also be responsible for project setup, milestone tracking for the end to end supply chain, risk assessment and mitigation, and reporting status throughout. This role will require strong collaboration with multiple teams across the company and strategic thinking to anticipate issues and set up workstreams for scalability.
The ideal candidate will have proven experience in project management and execution and managing content deliveries through a supply chain. They will be proactive in finding solutions and making the right connections with folks, both internal and external, in order to problem-solve. They will have the ability to analyze data and present project status and summaries. They will not be afraid to innovate new paths or influence to get buy-in from partner teams or escalate when needed.
• Collaborate with Production, Post-Production, Content Creative, Programming, Studio Operations, Media Delivery, Marketing, PMO, and Product on workflow, timelines, and requirements per title, keeping each team accountable for their deliverables
• Source production and post-production schedules to build lifecycle plans for a title's launch
• Provide technical specifications to Production teams so they are aware of Disney+ delivery requirements and can budget and plan deliveries accordingly
• Source early version cuts for each title to help facilitate marketing and localization workflows
• Provide title and launch status updates to Production, Post-Production, Programming, and Marketing so they are aware of any update, shifts, or risk associated with title launch
• Enter title-level information into our internal toolsets to enable downstream teams to leverage the data
• Build processes to track success metrics by engaging in strategic thinking to visualize and achieve long-term wins and efficiencies
• Be the bridge between the Product experience and our Production and Creative teams, clearly articulating what the product can and cannot do when it comes to customer engagement
• Keep up to date with new technologies and recognize how they can help make our work more efficient
• Work closely with Global Content Operations' Platform Operations team to define feature requirements for tool development
• Provide training to the team when new tool updates are released
• Maintain a close relationship with Content Security and legal to understand security protocols and asset permissions
• 5-7 years of experience managing titles in Media & Entertainment, preferably with a content streaming platform
• Strong project management experience and the ability to juggle multiple projects at a time in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to operate effectively in ambiguity and a willingness to pivot as needed
• A collaborative spirit, especially as an expert at getting things done, all with a positive attitude
• Strategic thinking and the ability to focus on long-term scalability and growth of the business
• Ability to dissect workflows and make tool recommendations that lead to more efficient and effective processes
• Familiarity with production and post-production workflows and UHD, HDR, and Dolby Vision, and Dolby Atmos technologies
• Ability to question the way we do things and recommend alternative solutions that drive impact for the business
• Comfortable using various data management systems and tools (e.g. Google and Microsoft suites, Smartsheet, Lucidchart, PowerBI, Tableau)
• Clear written and verbal communication and the ability to command a room
• Thorough understanding of data security best practices a plus.
• BA/BS or equivalent experience required
• A personal affinity for the brands and franchises of The Walt Disney Company
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ and Disney+.