Sr. Project Manager - Global Content Operations
Location: Glendale (1200 Grand Central Ave., Glendale CA 91202)
In 2019, the Walt Disney Company launched Disney+, a Disney-branded streaming service featuring an incomparable collection of content from its brands and franchises recognized and respected all over the world. The Direct-To-Consumer (DTC) service will serve as the exclusive home for viewing original movies, series, short-form, and more, along with a vibrant catalogue that spans classic Disney Animation to the most recent movie releases.
We're looking for talented team players with an entrepreneurial spirit, who will thrive upon the legacy of our company yet embrace unconventional thinking, and who are passionate about contributing to The Walt Disney Company's direct-to-consumer experience through strategic hard work and determination.
We are seeking a proactive, strategic Content Operations Associate - Ratings who will be part of the Disney Streaming Global Content Operations team in Glendale, CA, and reporting to the Sr. Manager of Content Management. You will be responsible for ratings management for all titles that will launch on Disney+ globally as well as various aspects of ratings setup, requirements gathering for ratings values and descriptors and implementation. The role will require strong collaboration with multiple teams across the company.
The ideal candidate will have proven experience in content metadata management and execution and in making sense out of chaos. They will be proactive to find solutions and make the right connections with people in order to problem-solve. They will be savvy with data visualizations and systems in order to present title status and summaries. They will not be afraid to innovate new paths or influence to get buy-in from partner teams or escalate when needed.
• Identify and manage the requirements gathering process for in-territory ratings systems with our internal partners
• Collaborate with the internal product teams to ensure ratings requirements are properly supported through supply chain and in product
• Oversee the ratings status of large volumes of titles on the D+ and Star platforms and coordinate title assignments within the team
• Work with local Ratings and S&P/Compliance teams in various regions across the organization (EMEA, LATAM, APAC) to communicate upcoming titles for review, update ratings in the D+ metadata system and manage S&P / Compliance review to ensure content readiness on the platform
• Effectively communicate project and title level updates cross-functionally and with our internal and external partners
• Ability to create and manage title trackers for status monitoring and reporting
• Input ratings into proprietary metadata system and work with partner teams to request delivery through proprietary delivery system
• 3+ years of experience managing metadata including ratings and S&P/Compliance review
• Exceptional data and project management skills and attention to detail
• Strong communicator, both written and verbal
• Ability to communicate effectively on a regular cadence to wide audiences on overall project health
• Strong attention to detail
• Global mindset, sensitive to other cultures
• Comfortable using various data management systems and tools (Excel, Google and Microsoft suites, Smartsheet, etc.)
• Ability to solve for the short term while constantly thinking of sustainable long-term plans
• Personal affinity for the brands and franchises of The Walt Disney Company
• Experience with international expansion and digital platform launches
• Streaming service experience
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d97zn9-44-192-54-67-42 in your application.
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ and Disney+.