London, United Kingdom
• Submitting assets for transcoding in VOD workflow tool.
• Workflow exception handling.
• Communicating to clients when material has been sent.
• Being a first point of call for any enquiries VOD Scheduling, Digital Media or VOD clients might have regarding material availability.
• Coordinate with VOD scheduling staff to secure VOD schedules in timely manner.
• Ensure all materials needed for encoding process are present.
• Manage metadata required for each platform and ensure availability to VOD workflow.
• Troubleshooting any late running deliveries of material.
• Effectively track and report on all aspects of the VOD fulfilment process and communicate status of VOD projects to management.
• Daily dealings with file formats and metadata.
• High level of communication and customer service regarding content deadlines.
• Look for possible patterns and or areas of improvement.
• Support line manager on projects.
• Candidate must have a working knowledge of television broadcasting operations and Video On Demand platform workflows.
• Knowledge of file based delivery systems (eg Signiant, Aspera)
• Excellent understanding of file formats and file based workflows
• Detail oriented with strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task and work under the pressure of tight deadlines with changing priorities.
• Self-motivated and able to work independently and collaboratively
• Flexible, positive attitude with a commitment to ongoing, on-the-job education.
• Excellent IT skills. Proficient with MS Office.
• Strong communication skills.
• Attention to detail essential
Discovery, Inc. is the global leader in real life entertainment. We serve passionate fans with content that inspires, informs, and entertains, providing leadership across deeply loved and trusted brands, such as Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, HGTV, Food Network, and Travel Channel.