Discovery brands continue to grow globally and across platforms, and Fan Relations is building media strategies and systems that meet world-class standards for which Discovery is known. Our company is evolving as we expand from a traditional linear pay-TV business towards a convergent media and entertainment business that encompasses digital and mobile.
Fan Relations is a support function that exists to contribute to the stellar consumer experience whether the fans are engaging with our content on digital apps, websites, pay-TV, or other means. From new app launches to corporate and legal escalations, advertising inquiries, and our many other linear and digital offerings, Fan Relations constantly provides top-level customer service to consumers, internal clients, and business partners.
The Trainer 1 is an entry role to the training team reporting to the Sr Manager of Operations Planning. The Trainer 1 will be responsible for assisting with training coordination and scheduling, administrative tasks such as new-hire training moderation and attendance. As well as acting as a Subject Matter Expert and mentor during on the job training, assisting with maintaining the internal knowledge base, training curriculum, and facilitating recurrent training for team members.
• Develop, send, and manage communications such as notices, invitations, and responses for scheduled classes.
• Assist in the development and/or delivery of training. Participate in assignments related to training team projects and events.
• Gather and evaluate information from employees and management on previous training to identify weaknesses and areas that need additional training.
• Prepare and/or update training presentations, tests, study guides, job aids, and reference materials for new hire and existing staff training programs under the guidance of training leadership, staff trainers and/or subject matter experts.
• Update training curriculum to include provided changes and maintenance of ancillary continuing education training materials.
• Review presentations with training staff or subject matter experts to ensure subject matter is accurate and relevant before disseminating for presentation to others. Other duties and tasks as assigned.
• Utilize a professional and engaging approach in the presentation of training programs, ensuring interactive methods are employed.
• Incorporate training methods that support all learning styles in the delivery of training programs and adapt the training method to meet the needs of the individual
• Bachelor's degree in a related field or an equivalent combination of skills, training, and hands-on experience
• Training or Team Lead experience in a customer contact center environment preferred, not required
• Ability to work independently and initiate plans with limited direction.
• Practical organizational and analytical skills.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Self-motivated and a professional attitude
• Excellent team-building, customer service, and interpersonal skills
• Must possess good decision-making skills, be very organized and detail-oriented
• Schedule flexibility – evenings and weekends as required by business needs
• Proficient PC skills required: PowerPoint, Word, Google Suite (Preferred: Adobe)
Nearest Major Market: Knoxville
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-roejxp-3-235-60-144-42 in your application.